Beginners and Beyond

Get your top hat Sundailies (Read 46 times)

LRB

I love Italian meals!  My favorite food in the whole world.  I will start driving at 5am.  See you soon!

Sheeit, I'm already on the road!  I could live and die eating nothing but Italian, seriously!

Sorry Basya!

Jess runs for bacon

D and LRB need to come to CT so I can cook them a proper Italian meal.    None of this Olive Garden stuff.

Right??

Rick, while I enjoy it very much, Greek isn't my favorite cuisine, you know. (Shh, don't tell my mother!) Yemeni, Tunisian, Moroccan...Yum!

LRB

Right??

Hey Sugar!  I actually get my fair share of authentic meals in, it's just when out and about a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.  And unfortunately for me, in my trade, I'm out and about a lot.

LRB

Rick, while I enjoy it very much, Greek isn't my favorite cuisine, you know. (Shh, don't tell my mother!) Yemeni, Tunisian, Moroccan...Yum!

Better fake it like I faked liking baked fish growing up.  Baked fish, whose sick idea of a joke was that anyway?!

Hip Redux

Hey Sugar!  I actually get my fair share of authentic meals in, it's just when out and about a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.  And unfortunately for me, in my trade, I'm out and about a lot.

Speaking of which, I was in Moe's the other day and some lady sat down next to me and exclaimed "Now THIS is good Mexican food!"

OK, I know I'm there eating my rice bowl too, but I am not confusing Moe's with real Mexican food, or even Tex-Mex, for that matter.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

D and LRB need to come to CT so I can cook them a proper Italian meal.    None of this Olive Garden stuff.

Oh thank god. This whole og and mg conversation scares me.

Hip Redux

Better fake it like I faked liking baked fish growing up.  Baked fish, whose sick idea of a joke was that anyway?!

Fry that shit!

Docket_Rocket

I actually hardly ever go to Olive Garden.  Just managed to try their eggplant parm and like it.

Plus LRB started it....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yum, yes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, my....

That's not even Mexican, or Tex-Mex, or even food.

Speaking of which, I was in Moe's the other day and some lady sat down next to me and exclaimed "Now THIS is good Mexican food!"

OK, I know I'm there eating my rice bowl too, but I am not confusing Moe's with real Mexican food, or even Tex-Mex, for that matter.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I grew up in NJ and live in NYC, I have been spoiled by amazing Italian food my whole life and would be happy to take any of you to Italian restaurants that will make your head explode if you are ever in the area!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

One of the things I miss from living here is the pizza.  PR has amazing Italian food and great pizza.  Here?  The pizza is so bad, I have not eaten pizza since I was last in Berlin and that Italian restaurant was 10 times better than anything they can make here.  Cuban food?  We have it.  Good pizza?  What is that?

My two weeks in Italy in 2008 were the best I've ever spent.  Eating like a crazy woman.

I cook Italian meals at least 3 times a week.  But I don't like any of our Italian places down ehre.  They are OK, but just OK.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ha-ha, what's up wit cha?  Feeling any better?

Well since you asked, I feel just fine, as long as I don't run. Angry So therefore I'm miserable. Joking Although can't seem to come up with quite the right emoticon to express it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all in CT for dinner at Oski's Ristorante Italiano tomorrow night.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

There better be wine....

Well since you asked, I feel just fine, as long as I don't run. Angry So therefore I'm miserable. Joking Although can't seem to come up with quite the right emoticon to express it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all in CT for dinner at Oski's Ristorante Italiano tomorrow night.

Damaris

Fundraising Page