Beginners and Beyond

Nothing much SunDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

What up crew?

I have been sitting here doing nothing for the past hour, and plan on doing nothing until it is time to go see Spy. Then, I will continue to do nothing again after it.

Until then, more nothingness.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm doing nothing much in the running/workout department. Maybe a walk on muddy gravel roads at my FIL's farm, if I'm feeling ambitious later. I do, however, need to spend some time working on projects that need to be finished up in the next 4 days, and make treats for DS's 4-H meeting (and take him to said meeting tonight).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Sounds like a wonderful plan, Rick. I'd love to do the same, but the guilt... the GUILT!  It's an emotion I'd really like out of my life, sometimes...

So, because of the guilt, I will finish cleaning the bathroom (I started yesterday, but I'm as slow as Shari's turtle). I will also water the plants, because they all look at me with their sad eyes. Stop looking at me like that! I've been busy! (It's a lie. I've just been neglectful...). Then I will take a third cup of coffee. Then I will get dressed for running and I will decide then what I do today. I start marathon training tomorrow, so maybe I should keep it light today since I ran 10 miles everyday for the last 3 days. But if I don't run another 10 miles today, I will feel guilty. THE GUILT!

I'm crazy.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Sounds like a wonderful plan, Rick. I'd love to do the same, but the guilt... the GUILT! 

That's not a problem I have, apparently. lol

This was the first weekend that I had nowhere to go and nothing to do (aside from the yard yesterday) in forever, like going back to February or something crazy like that.

I have thus spent most of my time on the internet in between drinking coffee and eating, then at night, drinking wine and eating. It's been great.

Hi, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy the movie.

Shari, have a pleasant day. It sounds like it'll be busy.

Lily, maybe you are crazy, but we love you, anyway. Have fun cross-training with housework, then, have a great run.

I'll either run thirteen miles or do weights and an hour of cardio. I haven't decided yet.

cjones1

Good morning! 6.2 miles total, which included 6x400 at the track and a very tense bathroom emergency. I've never been so happy to see a POP in my life. Smile

Happy Sunday everyone.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Morning all. A little over 5 total including another "reverse progression" 5k. I swear i  am the only person who runs a half PR and gets slower on the shorter stuff.

LRB

Morning all. A little over 5 total including another "reverse progression" 5k. I swear i  am the only person who runs a half PR and gets slower on the shorter stuff.

Maybe distance running is your calling.

Hopefully there was a seat belt in there CJ. lol

Hi B. I vote run, since I cannot. Smile

Good morning Shari.

delicate flower

1:32:50.  Meh.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning! 6.2 miles total, which included 6x400 at the track and a very tense bathroom emergency. I've never been so happy to see a POP in my life. Smile

Happy Sunday everyone.

I was very upset to see the POP was removed from the high school track I go to. I guess it is there only for the school year when they use the "stadium".

cjones1

I was very upset to see the POP was removed from the high school track I go to. I guess it is there only for the school year when they use the "stadium".

If it wasn't there, I would have a WAY better story to tell.  Of course, no soul would have ever found out except for some poor schmo reviewing security tapes. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

From the Internet.

16 fricken miles in the sun after an underfueled and anxiety filled week. Was nice until the last ~2.5 miles or so. I wasn't sure the Achilles would cooperate so I did a few different very flat loop/out and backs around my house and kept the pace way slow. Certainly not the smartest plan, I could feel it wanting to complain, but it held up fine.

Kitty is hanging in there - she was feeling well enough to ring her cat phone, as we call it (sounds like "brrrr-OW!"), loudly and repeatedly in the middle of the night to let me know she was lonely :P And she showed some interest in a toy yesterday, both things she hasn't done in weeks.

Now for the important question of the day: that long run on top of that week certainly calls for refueling with beer and ice cream. I don't even care that it's only 10:30 after all those miles. I have in my fridge and freezer one Left Hand Milk Stout, a couple of grapefruit shandies, lemon shandy, vanilla or moose tracks ice cream. Ice cream beer float or beer and ice cream, and which combination?? I await your opinions, as I'll be drinking it while I soak my tired legs in the tub.

LRB

I await your opinions, as I'll be drinking it while I soak my tired legs in the tub.

A banana split from DQ has been my post long run treat of choice. Of course since when you are talking ice cream, there is no bad choice. Smile

The brand/type of beer I drink is directly tied to the type of food I am going to eat. It's weird I know.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have nothing today.  Waiting here for the Chinese place to open so I can order lunch.

Woke up to my neighbor being serenaded by Mariachis for her birthday. That must have been a nice surprise for her.

Lauren, glad to hear.

Damaris

Little Blue

5 rather rapid miles on the rail trail.  I had intended 4, and slower, but there's this guy, Jim, who rides his bike.  He's in his 60's, runs 3 days and rides 4 days on the trail.  He's chatty, and I hadn't been out there in a while.  He paced me for almost 2.5 miles, faster than I would have pushed myself, while we talked.  Definite positive splits, as my return was much slower!

Gotta get out and cut my own grass while it's still in the shade.  DH fixed my mower in about three minutes, so I have no excuse.