Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES; A little bit of everything, except sun (Read 32 times)

LRB

I'm heading out. To run in what is anyone's guess.

See ya!

Cyberic

Another inch of rain is forecasted for today. Will hit the indoor track.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Severe storms supposed to roll through here sometime between 10 and 3. Today is a day I am happy to have a windowless basement office. Might run after work, depends on the weather.

Cyberic

Want to do a couple of 200s after my tempo 5K today. Wondering if it's better to push the pace a little more or a little less, meaning should I go for around 20:00 or more like 20:30 for the 5K part? I'm leaning towards 20:30, but maybe I should push a little more?

Next week I'm entering a more race specific phase

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

We had storms last night, and now it's a chilly rain with wind.  I didn't even come close to getting on the elliptical, which is on the back porch.  Maybe tomorrow, but I'm not promising anything.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just dropped two kitties at the vet.  I have 12 miles and Pilates at some point.  Busy day so I might have to do it as a double.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Zoo Fun Run 2-miler last night at 6:30 pm.  Ended up with 21:09 time and a nice social event afterwards with a couple of beers.   Weather for Texas was pretty sweet, 76 degrees, low humidity, beautiful evening, nice run over the trails of a local park.

Today after work will run...somewhere.    Put in about 3 - 4 miles.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

'Morning!!  HA!

+ a billion to "It's going to rain like hell today."  I've got a spin session tonight, thankfully.  Speaking of getting wet, 2400 yard masters swim completed already this morning.

No all day meetings today.  Maybe I'll actually get some work and/or internet surfing done.

<3

onemile

Sun's out here. Rain is finally done and it's going to get up to 74 on Sunday. What???

LRB

I'm heading out. To run in what is anyone's guess.

Man, it was raining sideways with the wind blowing like a bitch! But get this; it wasn't even on the radar!

onemile

Want to do a couple of 200s after my tempo 5K today. Wondering if it's better to push the pace a little more or a little less, meaning should I go for around 20:00 or more like 20:30 for the 5K part? I'm leaning towards 20:30, but maybe I should push a little more?

Next week I'm entering a more race specific phase

Doesn't Daniels have a chart where the pace of the tempo run is increasingly faster the shorter it is?

I wouldn't think a couple 200's would affect that... Unless you are planning to do like 10 of them or more?

Cyberic

Doesn't Daniels have a chart where the pace of the tempo run is increasingly faster the shorter it is?

I wouldn't think a couple 200's would affect that... Unless you are planning to do like 10 of them or more?

I don't remember such a chart. From what I remember he has a Threshold pace. I'll look it up before I go. I'm pretty sure it will err on the slower side of what I was going to do.

And no, not even near 10 200s. More like 3 or 4.

onemile

I don't remember such a chart. From what I remember he has a Threshold pace. I'll look it up before I go. I'm pretty sure it will err on the slower side of what I was going to do.

And no, not even near 10 200s. More like 3 or 4.

It's something like this, where as the duration of the run increases, the pace gets slower

Cyberic

Hmmm, never seen that chart. It's in the book? I'll have to re-read it it seems...

But since I'll be in the 20 minute range, I don't need to adjust the pace. I checked, and the T-Pace is equivalent to around 20:30/5K. So I'll do that.

onemile

Hmmm, never seen that chart. It's in the book? I'll have to re-read it it seems...

But since I'll be in the 20 minute range, I don't need to adjust the pace. I checked, and the T-Pace is equivalent to around 20:30/5K. So I'll do that.

I believe it's in the newest edition of Daniels. Or maybe I just dreamt about it