Beginners and Beyond

Vacation Fridailies! (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

Up and at 'em, folks!  We made it to Mont-Tremblant around 7:00 PM yesterday after a long travel day.  Lunch stop, rest stops (hydrate!), border crossing, and heavy Montreal traffic made our 400 mile drive take 10 hours.    I've got some short workouts to do today to keep the body loose.  I'm going to do a short swim on the swim course as soon as the rest of this party wakes the hell up.  Packet pickup and expo after that.  Oh boy!!

Race weather is showing a 100% chance of thunderstorms.  God dammit.  Meh, whatever, as long as they don't shorten the race.

'Sup.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Give 'em hell Baboon!

I ran 3.2 this morning.

I now know I have a blood pressure issue, but I'm not sure if that should make running 3 miles feel like 10.  I've seen 165/110,  and 140/100 seems to be my norm.   If any of you have any experience with this, I'm all ears.  And yes, I have a physical scheduled next Thursday.  I'm not leaving this up to Dr Google.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

How's the water temp, Baboon? Are you gonna be wearing the wet suit?

PleasantRidge, I never go to the doc for anything, but I would for what you're having, whatever it is. Sure doesn't sound normal.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles.  Leave for PR tomorrow morning on a quick out and back trip to see my mom.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Baboon, have a great race tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

delicate flower

How's the water temp, Baboon? Are you gonna be wearing the wet suit?

68 degrees!  And yes.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good luck Baboon. Hope the weather cooperates.

Pleasantridge, get your behind to a doctor. I'd be more concerned about the fatigue. You may need to show the doctor your running log, just to drive home that 3 miles should be a cake walk for you.

Docket_Rocket

Good morning!

Give 'em hell Baboon!

I ran 3.2 this morning.

I now know I have a blood pressure issue, but I'm not sure if that should make running 3 miles feel like 10.  I've seen 165/110,  and 140/100 seems to be my norm.   If any of you have any experience with this, I'm all ears.  And yes, I have a physical scheduled next Thursday.  I'm not leaving this up to Dr Google.

Doh, me.  Once you have 2-3 high readings (and the 100 and 110 are super high, stroke inducing numbers!), you need medication.  When I was first diagnosed (hubby has diagnosed me many times but I decline meds), I was having migraines and asthma issues during runs.  The BP affects everything.  Get it checked and get it checked NOW.

When you get to the doctor, let him know you are an endurance athlete so he can give you a BP med that does not wreck your endurance.  All of them affect it anyway, but you need the least one to affect you.  I'm in Amlodipine (Norvasc, I think) and that one has very few side effects for running.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Good morning!

Give 'em hell Baboon!

I ran 3.2 this morning.

My parents had high blood pressure but mine has been in the 110/70 - 124/80 range forever. I'm not sure if the numbers would bother me as much as the fatigue you're experiencing. If it were me, I probably wouldn't run until I had some answers...but I know that is easier said than done.

LRB

So anyway, my cell phone alarm went of for 45 minutes but apparently, I didn't hear it (45 minutes? Really? Da fuck?) By the time I opened my eyes, I would've had 20 minutes to walk out the door and run, or drive 20 minutes to work and run there. I chose B, giving me the time I needed to drink my beloved coffee and that much more time to WAKE THE HELL UP.

7 miles done. My legs felt pretty good despite running in soup. I have some speed work on the calendar for tomorrow but I might run hills or long instead of trying to run in this shit.

LRB

Are you running long or racing Sunday?

LRB

Who won the men's 200m last night? I didn't make it to halftime of the Lions' preseason game before my ass was out!

Docket_Rocket

My parents had high blood pressure but mine has been in the 110/70 - 124/80 range forever. I'm not sure if the numbers would bother me as much as the fatigue you're experiencing. If it were me, I probably wouldn't run until I had some answers...but I know that is easier said than done.

Trust me, a doctor would send him to the hospital if he has above X/100 on the BP (if his numbers are correct, it is very bad to have it above 100).  That number is the one that predicts strokes and other bad things.  When I woke up from surgery, mine was 200/100.  They were not worried about the 200, trust me, but the 100.  They put intravenous BP meds as fast as they could so that my brain would not get an aneurysm or something like that.  It's dangerous.  Whether it's caused by something else or not (the fatigue, for example), he needs to lower it before he gets something.

Damaris

Fundraising Page