Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock Half RR, 22:35 PR! :) (Read 104 times)

MrNamtor

Forget the monumental improvement, that time is great regardless! You must have abs by now Big grin

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good job! I knew you would kill that old PR!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

aplodder

Susan

Awesome race!  Congrat's!

Way to go Dave and so cool you and your family took part together in the race.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Liz! Doing my best to make the penguins proud. Smile

Thanks Ginny! I love that the family is running too, so much more fun when everyone can do it together.

Thanks Kristin! Who knew my tree trunk legs would be good for something? lol

Thanks Tom! I'm looking forward to trying to be competitive locally, there's some pretty tough competition tho, but it'll be fun seeing how far I can get.

Thanks Hilary! I am definitely still floating, don't even mind my sore legs. Smile lol

Thanks Namtor! They're starting to show, lil more work and they should be ready for beach weather. Smile

Thanks Gustav! It was nice knowing that I would pretty much PR no matter what, but even better to have hit my goal by a solid margin.

Thanks Susan! Congrats to you too on your awesome PR! Smile

Thanks Sparker! I think our 5yo is going to really get into running, he loves the kid's races that he's been able to do. Last night he told me that he wants to run one of my races with me, I can't wait for him to be able to do that!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, what a great improvement!  Obviously it wasn't easy to get where you did both with the weight loss and the running, so that hard work paying off must feel incredible.  As for the race itself, it's always hard to get the warmup timing right.  At least you didn't let that throw you off any.  The conditions didn't sound easy, so to hold your pace throughout the race was awesome.  Keep up the good work and I'm excited to see your times continue to drop.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the HM and on the huge PR!

I detect orange on your wrist! Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, Dave, you kicked the butt of your old finish time, way to go!  Nice report and nice photos!

I recognize that boardwalk, lol, from my doing the RnR Half...3 times!

I did not realize there was an 8K event with the Shamrock Half.  I might just have to pop up there one day and do that one.  Virginia is my native state.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks SIAR!  One thing that I'm learning as I race more, is how to push mentally.  It's so easy to let your brain take over and slow you down, but I find that as I learn to push through that, my body keeps up.

Thanks Damaris!  You are correct, it's amazing how motivating that lil orange band can be. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Scotty!  Yup, they do the 8k on Saturday and the half/full on Sunday.  We'll definitely be doing it again next year, so let me know if you come up this way.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Luke79

At 6:44, you were flat ass movin' dude.  Grats on a great race.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Luke!  I just realized that the pace I held at the half is only 10 seconds/mile slower than my 5k PR, kind of crazy when I think about it like that.  That gives me high hopes for the 5k I have scheduled for next month. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Mostly harmless

Wow, you have made fantastic progress in (not quite) just one year.  It's kind of cool to imagine how far you might be able to push this.  Congrats on a well run and disciplined race!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Scott!  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how far I can go, really makes me wish I had started younger, but all I can do is keep going from here. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

flarunner

Dave, I am so happy for you! Congrats on the fantastic accomplishment! Actually, the two fantastic accomplishments!