Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock Half RR, 22:35 PR! :) (Read 104 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks flarunner!  It's amazing what you can accomplish with some time and determination. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Coastal

Congratulations on a great race!  You are bound to have a fun year ahead of you.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Are those medals/bottle openers?  Yuengling you shouldn't have!

Congrats, just think if you can knock another 22 minutes off for next year Joking.

**Ask me about streaking**

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks coastal!  I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do at my 5k next month, and my first mile race in August, it'll be hot, but I think it'll be fun to see what I can do in a mile.

Jameszilla, yup, the 8k/half/full medals are all bottle openers, guess they figured it wouldn't be appropriate to have the kid's medals double as openers. LOL  I have a feeling that whole diminishing returns thing is gonna start kicking in, but I think there are still some very solid improvements to be had. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

outoftheblue

Congrats!  What a huge improvement.  I can't wait to see where you're at after running 2 years.

Life is good.

SheCan

WTG Dave!   You sure blew that PR away!   I'm so often astounded by the progress that many of you make in such a short period of time.  You're fast and you're lean and mean ---look awesome in your pics.  The fact that your whole family is now involved makes it even cooler.    (Also, what a cool sand sculpture that was.  Glad you got a pic of it.)

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks outoftheblue!  Can't wait to see what the next year brings.  I'm going to run the full at the Shamrock next year for my first official full, should be interesting to see what kind of damage I can do with another year of training. Smile

Thanks so much Cherie!  Sometimes it's hard for me to believe how far I've come, never thought I'd even like running, much less be any good at it. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Anomalous

Congratulations!! Awesome race Smile

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi