Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Good Morning Runners!

Chilly out there this morning. I started out in a windbreaker then started sweating. I dropped it back off at my house and then I think the temp dropped and I was freezing. Easy 5 done. 8:51 avg pace. Hilly 8'er on tap for tomorrow w 2x1mi uphill at tempo effort.

Berto- Great story LMAO

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

'Morning!  It is windier than a baked beans convention out there this morning.  I hit the pool before work for a masters swim.  2200 yards, and a good workout as these things go.  I have a short run after work, thanks to doing today's scheduled run last night.  Coach sent me my marathon game plan for next Sunday and he's set my goal time as 3:08.  Alrighty then.  

<3

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking another 8/5 and maybe some Tempo pace. Smile

Jay: I don't think I've ever run a hill @ Tempo effort. Seems like I always go into V02 Max or I'd be walking-but I'm slow. 

Baboon: Looks like you got the green light!

LRB

Last night was bar night with the thugs and thugettes from work. Unfortunately, the bar that was selected (Wild Woody's) had no beer on tap.

What? 

Nope. Not my beloved Two Hearted Ale that I had been fixin' my lips for all week, nor my fall back, All Day IPA. No Fat Tire, not even Bud Light geezus.

Nothing.

Anyway, I ended up with a couple of warm cans of Norm's Raggedy Ass IPA and two bottles of Labbatt's. That left me feeling like complete crap this morning, but by some miracle, I managed to get out there and surprisingly, had a great run.

Go figure!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everyone, I decided to hit the road this morning and skip the gym. It was 30-32 degrees but for some reason it didn't feel too bad. Jetta and I headed out for a planned 6 miles, after the first 2-3 miles (which is usually awkward, sore and tired for me), things began to feel real good. When we reached mile 5.65 at an intersection where we would have normally turned N to head back to the house and end up with 6.3 miles.... I got to thinking... this run was feeling real good and I don't want it to stop... so we headed W.

Jetta and I ended up with 9 miles for this morning. Fuck Strava, as it changed my mileage to 8.9... it can kiss my ass because I'll take what my garmin gave me!!!! The map shows me stopping way before our driveway (from the start, at the turn to the right is my driveway meeting the road), when I didn't stop or hit stop until I got to my driveway.... stupid ass thing!!!

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

For those who are pressed for time and are unable to prepare Thanksgiving dinner; behold, thine salvation.

http://people.com/food/pringles-thanksgiving-flavors/

LRB

I can't get that stupid thing to link, just google pringles thanksgiving

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I woke up with a migraine but here I am in court on a big new bankruptcy case (historic building/Embassy Suites in KY) that might take forever.  I have either 7 or 12 miles tonight, depending on how my migraine feels later.

Damaris

3:08.  

Go big or go home.

8 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, Phil, go!  Now I saw a 40% chance of rain for the day.  Bah.  Maybe we will get cloudy skies.

Damaris

delicate flower

Go, Phil, go!  Now I saw a 40% chance of rain for the day.  Bah.  Maybe we will get cloudy skies.

Hopefully that goes up to 100% chance.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hopefully that goes up to 100% chance.

There is no need to get violent about this! Wink

Damaris

Cyberic

Last night was bar night with the thugs and thugettes from work. Unfortunately, the bar that was selected (Wild Woody's) had no beer on tap.

What? 

Nope. Not my beloved Two Hearted Ale that I had been fixin' my lips for all week, nor my fall back, All Day IPA. No Fat Tire, not even Bud Light geezus.

Nothing.

Anyway, I ended up with a couple of warm cans of Norm's Raggedy Ass IPA and two bottles of Labbatt's. That left me feeling like complete crap this morning, but by some miracle, I managed to get out there and surprisingly, had a great run.

Go figure!

No beer on tap. Meh. My cousins brought me to such a bar a month ago. Thankfully we just stayed there for two drinks (I was having JD).

Cyberic

3:08 Baboon, go big or go home!

Man, I almost registered in a 100 K road race this morning. It's the same event I did in June. I did the 50K, which is a point to point. The 100K is an out and back that starts at midnight instead of the 6AM 50K start. There is one spot left for the 100K. Limit is 30 participants. I'm finally gonna let it slide. I'm afraid I might injure myself. I train with as much volume as at least half of the 100K participants (probably more like 75% of them), but I'm still chickening out.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Jay - Thanks!  And yeah, it's getting a bit nippy outside.  Nice running!

Baboon - Damn you're fast.  Enjoy your taper time.

OFR - I'm going to rename my hamstring "Number 2" so it knows who it works for.  LMAO on that scene - one of my favorites!  I'll watch that clip on hamstring recovery when I settle down and get serious.... shit, it's Friday.

LRB - That's blasphemy!  If someone's going to force crap beer on me, it had better be free.  Just don't get into the habit of beer before runs... it's had to kick, trust me.

FreeSoul - I wouldn't want to piss you off if I were Strava.  I just caught up on Wednesday's thread.  I don't do weights anymore, but I did when I was younger.  There's a workout by John Long he named "The Workout from Hell".  It will completely trash your upper body, but I think it may give you the definition you're looking for.  When I did it, it turned me into one lean mean and strong MOFO.  Interesting that it's posted on MIT's website:  http://web.mit.edu/~yandros/doc/TWFH.html

Docket - Hope you feel better.

Cyberic - What's up with the 100K talk today?  A FB friend mentioned a 100K this morning and it's got the little hamster wheel in my noggin rolling.  But yeah, 100K of pavement pounding will put a hurtin' on you.  Good call.

I will try to escape work early tonight for 6 or 7 on a mix of trails and pavement.  Nothing too exciting.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours