Beginners and Beyond

Finally, FRIDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

Morning all. I have my last hard workout scheduled before Boston in 10 days. Which means the 10 day forecasts are probably up and I can start obsessing over something I have absolutely no control over. Smile

LRB

6 easy w/ 8 strides done.

That was a really pleasant run.

In only my second run in them, I have already adapted to the Adrenalines as I was able to run the strides in total silence.  My feet didn't make one peep.  The "blockiness" I felt with them yesterday is completely gone so there is hope.

I am heading Downtown after a quick hour or two at work to catch the Tigers Yankees game.  Opening day is sacred here, as it's a reason for fools to get completely wasted.

It'll be just a couple for me, my sin of choice at the game is Labatt Blue from the tap. 

I am looking forward to it, check you all out later!

Docket_Rocket

Don't obsess about the weather.  It cannot be as bad as last year!

Morning all. I have my last hard workout scheduled before Boston in 10 days. Which means the 10 day forecasts are probably up and I can start obsessing over something I have absolutely no control over. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Go Yankees!

OK, I'll duck now.

6 easy w/ 8 strides done.

That was a really pleasant run.

In only my second run in them, I have already adapted to the Adrenalines as I was able to run the strides in total silence.  My feet didn't make one peep.  The "blockiness" I felt with them yesterday is completely gone so there is hope.

I am heading Downtown after a quick hour or two at work to catch the Tigers Yankees game.  Opening day is sacred here, as it's a reason for fools to get completely wasted.

It'll be just a couple for me, my sin of choice at the game is Labatt Blue from the tap. 

I am looking forward to it, check you all out later!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys. Sorry for the unexcused absences! I took a day off and then got quite sick. So no running still. Not good! Pre-marathon psychosis is in full force. I hope you all are doing well.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Don't obsess about the weather.  It cannot be as bad as last year!

I wrote that in jest. It's the one thing I've learned about racing - nothing you can do about the weather. I was there last year and watched each day as the forecast kept getting worse and worse. The only person happy was my wife as it was perfect spectating weather.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hey guys. Sorry for the unexcused absences! I took a day off and then got quite sick. So no running still. Not good! Pre-marathon psychosis is in full force. I hope you all are doing well.

Hey stranger! Feel better. We were worried about you.

I hope it's not my fault you're sick. On one of the dailies threads I posted a someecard and addressed it to you... let me dig it up.

Docket_Rocket

You're BACK!  I was about to stalk you via PM....

Fuzzy, even though we cannot control it, we always obsess about it.  I obsess about it a lot.  Every time I register for a destination marathon and I start seeing the 50F turn into Miami weather, I want to rip my hair off.  Not really, but close.  Ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

My day at work started by realizing, too late, that I was in a stall with no toilet paper.  

It can only go up from there.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

My day at work started by realizing, too late, that I was in a stall with no toilet paper.  

It can only go up from there.

Could the woman next to you spare a square?

Here's a sign you've been working too late every night since Monday:  Your DH posts a picture of himself on his FB page this morning and you JUST notice he's overdue for a facial shave......see you tonight though!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

SRD for me, with lots of little errands, packing for a weekend at my FIL's (including a race), and meeting with the accountant (please let him say we don't have too big an additional tax bill!).

Thanks to those who commented on my question yesterday. I know the smart thing to do would probably be to skip the race, but this is the only event I have run every year since I started and I love the whole atmosphere. If the ankle is sore, I will take it easy. I think I'll just try for 5-8 miles first thing on Saturday, skip the idea of a double, and let my total for the week be low.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Could the woman next to you spare a square?

I'm the only woman at work today.

So.

Yeah.

lol

outoftheblue

Morning runners.  I'm shuffling my schedule a bit , so today is long run day -- heading out the door in a few minutes for 15 miles.  Dense, cold-looking fog out there.  It's days like this where it's an effort not to bundle up too much.  I know I will be warm enough once I start running, but it seems so wrong to head out of the house in shorts and a t-shirt when everyone else is wearing jackets and gloves.

Baboon-- Nice to see you back on the bike.

Kristin -- Good luck this weekend.   Two races!

Damaris -- Germany,  now PR and Paris -- you're becoming an international maniac Smile.  Seriously, it must be amazing doing those destination races.

LRB -- Enjoy the ball game.  I love that baseball season has started up.  It feels like Spring is here and Summer just around the corner.

SIAR -- Nice seeing you around here again!

Life is good.

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I have 5-6 easy scheduled for later tonight.  The hip seemed to behave on last night's social run, so that's good news.

Basya- Good luck this weekend!

April- Good luck tomorrow!

Phil- Glad you were able to get outside and get a ride in!  You are being so diligent with your rehab, and it seems to be paying off!

D- Hope the internet gets sorted out soon, and the chiro visit goes well.

SIAR- Good to see you, even if you're not running!  Hope you're feeling better soon!

Docket_Rocket

Oski, LOL.  Sorry.

outoftheblue, yeah, except PR is my birthplace so I don't consider that international (especially since it's 2.5 hours away).  My dad is very excited that I'm going to visit.  Haha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page