Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 36 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Everyone sleeping in? I got in 10. First time in quite a while where I didn't need a mid run water and air conditioning break.

Docket_Rocket

What is this sleeping you speak of?

I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode a nice 80 miles.  It was a cool route, with a lot of river and lake.  I liked it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I rode a nice 80 miles.  It was a cool route, with a lot of river and lake.  I liked it.

Nice.

Do you ride with music?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weather channel has a 3 month long range outlook guess. What does below average temps mean in Miami, only 90 with 72 dewpoint? Of course September for my area shows as average to above average. I fully expect my half on 9/15 to be a FTS run. I figure there's about a 91% chance it's going to be warmer than ideal, 8% chance it's cool or rainy and ok and a 1% chance of flagging or cancellation due to extreme heat, rain or wind (or combo).

PR, nice ride! Cool picture, looks like a very small town.

From the Internet.

A veeeeery achy tired 10 for me real early this morning to round out a really solid week. Oof ow my legs. I was planning on being unable to swim, but I haven't heard a single rumble of thunder so I may venture over to the pool before grocery shopping and see if I can get in a few laps to loosen things up and get some blood flowing.

sdWhiskers

Headed out for 3 easy miles and ended up with 5 hilly. Some serious DOMS from Fri night boot camp.

Almost $7K later and I'm sitting in a nice cool house enjoying my new AC. I may not leave the house today.

PR- holy moly that's a long ride!

Docket- no rest for the weary? Finish one marathon and you're right back in it

Cyberic

3 month weather forecast. Not very useful.

When you go out for an 80 mile ride, PR, it must be nice to explore all those remote places

I ran 18.7 with the RP, in a nice cool rain for most of the run.

No drama. Sorry.

74.8 miles for the week.

MTA: I could feel the cumulative fatigue in my legs  from my week day workouts, so I think I'm doing it right

LRB

Weather channel has a 3 month long range outlook guess. What does below average temps mean in Miami, only 90 with 72 dewpoint? Of course September for my area shows as average to above average. I fully expect my half on 9/15 to be a FTS run. I figure there's about a 91% chance it's going to be warmer than ideal, 8% chance it's cool or rainy and ok and a 1% chance of flagging or cancellation due to extreme heat, rain or wind (or combo).

PR, nice ride! Cool picture, looks like a very small town.

It's not for everyone but a destination race might be the answer one of these years.

It's not always shown the proper reverence, but racing 13.1 miles is no joke. It demands the focus and attention to detail that the marathon gets. And as with the marathon, if you get crappy conditions it can be just as miserable.

It's just a thought, anyway.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's not for everyone but a destination race might be the answer one of these years.

It's not always shown the proper reverence, but racing 13.1 miles is no joke. It demands the focus and attention to detail that the marathon gets. And as with the marathon, if you get crappy conditions it can be just as miserable.

You don't consider Atlantic City a destination? I've gotten lousy weather both at home & when traveling (both races this spring were travel). That said, I figure I will do another half at some point in the fall, when there is a better chance of better conditions. Spring and fall are just so unpredictable around here. Here are the ones on my radar if anyone want to pick one. Oh, and if by chance I get the rare decent conditions on 9/15 and can PR, my secret plan is to then do a fall full.

Dover 10/20 or End of Road 10/21

Chestertown 10/28

Delaware & Lehigh Heritage 11/4

Race 13.1 Baltimore 12/1

Cyberic

I've never raced a HM as a tune-up race (yet). I've always given them all I had, and yes, preparing for them is as much work as preparing for a marathon. But I would also prepare as much for a 5K. I don't see shorter distances as inferior challenges. On the contrary. A 5K scares me more than a 50K.

onemile

I ran 17 which makes 65 for the week.

delicate flower

It's back!

63 mile bike ride.  The wind can rot in hell.

<3

onemile

The wind can rot in hell.

I rather enjoyed it

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

+1

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27