Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Slippery when wet (Read 37 times)

LRB

Hi.

It's a wet frozen icy mess out there but due to circumstances beyond my control, I need to give it a shot. I'm not sure I'll make it off the block though, we'll see!

'Sup?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

RD for me.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Pilates for me and the weights I missed yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Tuesday it is.  45 minute spin done before work.  It's a swim and bike day, but since work will probably consume one of those, I decided to put the swim on the chopping block.  Swims are a lot easier to make up than bike sessions are.  I'll hit the pool after work in the off chance I get out of here at a reasonable hour.

<3

40 degrees, light drizzle. 8 miles w/6x100m & 2 HMP.

Dave

LRB

I'm not sure I'll make it off the block though, we'll see!

Welp, I made it off the block then up half of another before realizing I was doing some stupid shit and turned around. I ended up finishing up on the treadmill at home (yes, I have one of those) where I stared in the mirror at my foot falls for 53 minutes.

From the Internet.

I totally slept through my alarm and now I have to run some kinda workout later on today :C Balls. Afternoon workouts are always garbage for me, but if I shift it to tomorrow I have to run it in the rain and move my MLR to Friday and long run to Sunday.

onemile

Welp, I made it off the block then up half of another before realizing I was doing some stupid shit and turned around. I ended up finishing up on the treadmill at home (yes, I have one of those) where I stared in the mirror at my foot falls for 53 minutes.

Do you normally run a treadmill at the gym?

LRB

Do you normally run a treadmill at the gym?

Yes, there is a gym at work. It's wonderful.

Cyberic

3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3 laps hard w/1 lap jog

MTA: 190 m laps

MTA2: designed the workout myself, to have some diversity

onemile

3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3 laps hard w/1 lap jog

MTA: 190 m laps

MTA2: designed the workout myself, to have some diversity

onemile

Yes, there is a gym at work. It's wonderful.

They are going to open a gym where I work within the next few months. I think I would rather use my treadmill at home though.  Netflix and my fan...

LRB

They are going to open a gym where I work within the next few months. I think I would rather use my treadmill at home though.  Netflix and my fan...

Yeah, having a full gym at work is a great perk, but not something that is needed. I had a treadmill a million years ago before I became a runner, a really nice one in fact. Back in those days I ran by time, with no correlation to distance whatsoever. It broke during that first winter after I started running though. I used to ride my bike to work and shower there so I was used to using the facilities. So instead of buying a replacement, I just started using that one.

Anyway, I planned to go in late today which is why I ended up on that thing in my basement...which come to think of it, I'm not even sure how it ended up down there. lol

Docket_Rocket

The fan is key.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I got home early and ran 3.1 daylight miles in the rain.  It was 60F, so the rain was a blessing.

That's the first non-headlamp run for me in over 3 months.  I was due.

Have a good evening folks.

Runner with a riding problem.