Beginners and Beyond

Monday, Monday: So nice I said it twice (Read 37 times)

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On a plane on route to columbia, SC, for work. 5 miles when I get there. Weather sounds great there!

Damaris

4 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

Run commute. Enjoyable even if there was snow on the ground. I was in a good mind set.

sdWhiskers

I ran 6 days last week for the first time. It seems like the biggest transition isn't running that 6th day but rather going 6 days without a RD. With 5 days per week, there's a rest day usually after 3-4 days running. So today I take a running RD but I still have an hour with my trainer after work. Going forward, I will plan my week to have Fridays be a total rest day. Work kills me by Friday and I need that break.

DH was not nearly as upset last night as I thought he'd be. Personally, I wish both teams could lose    I'm originally from PA and all my Eagles-fan-friends are pretty annoying so I wasn't exactly rooting for them even though I usually cheer the underdog (Eagles hadn't won a SB before).

delicate flower

Will run later!

<3

Cyberic

I reached out to a coach to ask for a different kind of coaching. More like mentoring. I do not ask for a plan, I do not ask for specific workouts, I do not ask for a close follow-up on what I'm doing. I'd share my objectives (A race, B race, etc), the time I have to train, and how I plan to structure it. He could give me pointers like "maybe you should try to work more speed work", more volume, less volume, more recovery, more doubles, or whatever. Just like a big brother looking at my Strava and checking if what I'm doing makes sense with what I want to accomplish.

He liked the idea of me having autonomy on my workouts and him "orienting" me.

Now I just sent him an offer for money. That's a sucky part, but has to be done. Don't want to insult him with not enough money, but then again, I do not think it will be that much effort to just check me out and give the occasional advice. I know I'm cheap in that kind of thing, so you guys can tell me if the offer I sent him is insulting, or not.

I started by evaluating that he was worth $50/hour. I offered him a one payment of $200 to see me to my marathon in October. I really don't know if that's enough, but then, I'm not willing to pay as much as some of you are paying. If he comes back with %250, I'm still in. If it's more than that, I think I'll pass.

So, let's have it. How cheap am I?

LRB

DH was not nearly as upset last night as I thought he'd be. Personally, I wish both teams could lose    I'm originally from PA and all my Eagles-fan-friends are pretty annoying so I wasn't exactly rooting for them even though I usually cheer the underdog (Eagles hadn't won a SB before).

Is there a town left this morning?

Nice job getting the days in. It's really not a big deal once you're removed from the newness of it all.

LRB

I reached out to a coach to ask for a different kind of coaching. More like mentoring. I do not ask for a plan, I do not ask for specific workouts, I do not ask for a close follow-up on what I'm doing. I'd share my objectives (A race, B race, etc), the time I have to train, and how I plan to structure it. He could give me pointers like "maybe you should try to work more speed work", more volume, less volume, more recovery, more doubles, or whatever. Just like a big brother looking at my Strava and checking if what I'm doing makes sense with what I want to accomplish.

Jenny already does that, which means you owe her $200 per year for the past four years.

onemile

Jenny already does that, which means you owe her $200 per year for the past four years.

Oh please. As if Cyberic would listen to my thoughts on his training

Cyberic

Oh please. As if Cyberic would listen to my thoughts on his training

Not because our thoughts differ that I do not listen. It's just that with you, I try to prove my point. I might be right, I might be wrong. The guy I reached out to is so much out of my league, that there's nothing I can do that is going to even raise an eye brow.

I'll add that you would not really listen to my thoughts on training, either. Wink

In that case, many of us do. She's gonna be rich! (Ok, I'm exagerating again).

You do have a point, though. I should at least thank her for all the advice she gives around here.

Thanks Jenny. You're a big part of the reason I stick around here.

onemile

I'll add that you would not really listen to my thoughts on training, either. Wink

Of course not 

onemile

so my garmin was supposed to arrive on Friday but Fedex tried to deliver it at 2pm and no one was home so they rescheduled it for next business day.  No option to tell them to just leave it on the porch. So I chose the option (online) for them to delivery it to a Fedex site near my house. Well then Saturday it was 'on the truck' but of course they didn't deliver it because it was set 'for next business day'. What are the chances it will arrive today?  I would be shocked.

Cyberic

so my garmin was supposed to arrive on Friday but Fedex tried to deliver it at 2pm and no one was home so they rescheduled it for next business day.  No option to tell them to just leave it on the porch. So I chose the option (online) for them to delivery it to a Fedex site near my house. Well then Saturday it was 'on the truck' but of course they didn't deliver it because it was set 'for next business day'. What are the chances it will arrive today?  I would be shocked.

I say... 91.43%

onemile

I say... 91.43%

That high?