Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Hi.

I'm about to jog around in circles at the track. It was either that or run in place on the belt. At this point, I'm not sure there's much of a difference between the two. Zzzzzs

6 miles in beautiful Farmingdale, NY. Ran on the Bethpage Bikeway, noteworthy for any golfers out there. It's a 65 DP out there, which I am not used to; worked up quite a sweat.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 3 miles bike, 2 miles jog.

I borrowed a 25+ year-old mountain bike from my brother.  It is too small for me, and somewhat uncomfortable.  But, the 12 mins I spent on it still beat the hell out of the elliptical Smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

SRD

good thing - I'm a bit tired.

Will be starting the 6 hour drive home in a couple hours.

Will be good to pick up our neurotic GSD ( is that redundant?) from the kennel.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles, 5 AlterG miles on a beleaguered knee.  Why is it that every time I smash a knee into the wall while climbing (it happens more than you'd think), it's ALWAYS my "bad" one?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and a run to and from Orange Theory to make up a total of 5 miles.  Hoping it rains or something.  Today we might break a record for June (wouldn't be too bad for August or September), though.

Bluesky, nice job on the last race!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  lmfao

It's a race day!  Off-road sprint triathlon tonight, which I am really looking forward to.  This is really just a workout and I'm doing it to work on my racing.  It doesn't really matter what the final result is.  And since it's being treated as a workout, Coach had me do a bike workout this morning as well.  One hour, which included 18 x 1:00 hard.  18 miles total at 18.9 mph.  Such a nice ride....daylight and warm air at 5:30 AM and no cars on the roads.    

<3

onemile

Will be good to pick up our neurotic GSD ( is that redundant?) from the kennel.

I have 1 who isn't 

onemile

I ran 9 which included

2 mile warm up
                    6 min, 5 min, 4 min, 3 min, 2 min, 3 x 1 min hard with half moderate - so 6 hard, 3 moderate, 5 hard, 2.5 moderate, etc. Between the last 3 x 1min do equal moderate (1 min on, 1 min off).

I was supposed to start the 6 min segment at half marathon current effort and cut down. 
                    2 mile cool down

'Morning.  lmfao

It's a race day!  Off-road sprint triathlon tonight, which I am really looking forward to.  This is really just a workout and I'm doing it to work on my racing.  It doesn't really matter what the final result is.  And since it's being treated as a workout, Coach had me do a bike workout this morning as well.  One hour, which included 18 x 1:00 hard.  18 miles total at 18.9 mph.  Such a nice ride....daylight and warm air at 5:30 AM and no cars on the roads.    

Someone please alert Baboon that his account has been hacked.

Dave

onemile

Calm down B&B - I'm here

Three races in three days and three age group awards - 6th in the 10K, and 7th in the 1500 and tonight's 5K.

Time was not what I had hoped (22:08) but the pacing was spot on, and I really gave it every thing I had.

The 65-69 age group was one of the more competitive, with a total of 29 runners, and a total spread from 1st to 8th of only 2:09.

Only the 55-59 had a tighter spread (1:37) but they only had 21 total runners.

My splits were 7:07, 7:10, 7:10 and 6:27 pace for the final sprint to the finish.  No one passed me after the half mile mark, and I passed two in my age group in mile 2

And if heart rate is any indication of effort, both my average and my max were higher in the 5K than in either of the other two races.  I felt like I gave it all I had.

Now for a good nights sleep and a long drive back to Asheville tomorrow.

Bluesky out.  Smile

Nice job.  With it being your 3rd race I think that is most likely why your time was a little slower than you wanted but your pacing was awesome and congrats on placing in all 3!

Docket_Rocket

Someone please alert Baboon that his account has been hacked.

LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 9 which included

2 mile warm up
                            6 min, 5 min, 4 min, 3 min, 2 min, 3 x 1 min hard with half moderate - so 6 hard, 3 moderate, 5 hard, 2.5 moderate, etc. Between the last 3 x 1min do equal moderate (1 min on, 1 min off).

I was supposed to start the 6 min segment at half marathon current effort and cut down. 
                            2 mile cool down

So what are your thoughts on starting a speed workout at stupid o'clock in the morning?

onemile

So what are your thoughts on starting a speed workout at stupid o'clock in the morning?

Today was pretty good. Last week I could not get going (at half marathon pace) for the first mile but after that it was ok.

Addie said she has the same problem and I should add some strides to my warm up, which I did.

My biggest problem with doing a workout in the morning is how I look afterwards.

LRB

10 trainer miles, 5 AlterG miles on a beleaguered knee.  Why is it that every time I smash a knee into the wall while climbing (it happens more than you'd think), it's ALWAYS my "bad" one?!

It's like that with EVERY injured body part I have had. Thankfully there's only been a few.