Beginners and Beyond

Blah Blah Blah Penguins Friday! (Read 19 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates class tonight and that is it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

RD for me today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yep, April 17 is Blah Blah Blah Day....which is kind of ironic as it's also National Day of Silence....

SILENCE!!!!

Other April 17 Holidays..

*Bat Appreciation Day  (Emerge from hibernation)

*Ellis Island Family History Day  

*Ford Mustang Day

Ooops...wrong kind of mustang....

Dang....still not a mustang.....

There we go.....

*Nothing Like A Dame Day (a song from South Pacific)

*Food Holiday: National Cheeseballs Day

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

I'm going for a hike this morning.  This afternoon, we have free time with the kids in after-school program.  I hope I get to work on an art project instead of running around the play yard. Big grin  Because after that, salsa dancing with hubby!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Today is a very blah blah blah day for me.  I took an URD yesterday because my legs felt dead.  Today my glands in my neck are swollen and I think that I might be getting sick =/  I'm super congested as well.  Since I took a RD yesterday I feel compelled to run today but I'll see how I feel in an hour or two once ibuprofen has had some time to help with the swollen glands.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I have so far been diligent about doing my PT exercises, so we'll see if I can muster some actual discipline to do them both weekend days as well.  Chorus rehearsal last night was good, and since our director's birthday is today, we had a little party at the end.  I am hoping to survive my last day of instrument training today so that I can put my brain on standby for the weekend!!

Docket -- enjoy Pilates!!  How many in the class?

PAD -- have a good RD!!

Scotty -- ok, all your pics today made me laugh!!  I think I'd like to celebrate Silence Day, though.  

Brilliant -- Sounds like an incredibly fun day, enjoy!!

sapf -- ooh, sounds like no fun at all!!  Hope you feel better!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  MP miles went well last night.  We did discover a park that still has the bathrooms closed and the water fountains shut off "for the season".   Today I have 6-8 planned.

Sapf- Sometimes if it's a head cold, I swear I can sweat the germs out by running on day 1 and end up not getting sick.  Hopefully that works for you, too.

Scotty- That cheese igloo is adorable!

D- Enjoy the easy day, hope the Pilates instructor doesn't take advantage!

PAD- Glad the calves are getting better.

Brilliant- Have fun salsa dancing!

HsM- Woohoo on the PT exercises!

GinnyinPA

Hi Scotty!  What races do you have this Fiesta weekend?

D - enjoy your cross training today.

PAD - enjoy your rest day.

Brilliant - sounds like a fun day:  hiking, playing with kids, and dancing.  Good stuff.

sapf - sorry about the oncoming cold/sinus attack.  I'm with Melanie - sweating out a cold usually works for me, along with OJ and Listerine to kill the germs.

HopesMom - Have a good weekend.  I hope you do manage to keep up your exercises.

Z - enjoy your 6-8 this evening.

Rest day for me.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Penguins!!  I have so far been diligent about doing my PT exercises, so we'll see if I can muster some actual discipline to do them both weekend days as well.  Chorus rehearsal last night was good, and since our director's birthday is today, we had a little party at the end.  I am hoping to survive my last day of instrument training today so that I can put my brain on standby for the weekend!!

Docket -- enjoy Pilates!!  How many in the class?

PAD -- have a good RD!!

Scotty -- ok, all your pics today made me laugh!!  I think I'd like to celebrate Silence Day, though.  

Brilliant -- Sounds like an incredibly fun day, enjoy!!

sapf -- ooh, sounds like no fun at all!!  Hope you feel better!!

I pay for private classes, so just me.  It's enough to make a fool out of myself in front of the instructor, imagine in front of others!

Glad the PT is helping.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Vivia Fiesta!  Fiesta San Antonio starts today.   It's already started at the university where I work.  My co-worker and I went out to the university plaza and there is live music, booths with food, games, face-painting, various drinks, etc.   Fun stuff!  It was nice to get away from our desks for a while..and a good thing we did because as we walked around, we found $40 on the ground (2 $20 bills)...so we just split it.....nice!

Did a run/walk yesterday at one of the local YMCAs.  4 miles and hill work done.  At Mile 3 it rained on me pretty good - but no lightning, thankfully- and by that point, as humid as it was, the rain felt pretty darn good.  Today is a rest day from running and tomorrow morning I have the Fiesta Missions 5K.  There is also a 10K.  Followed by beer, tacos, music...yeah!  Viva Fiesta San Antonio!

Happy Pilates, Damaris.  Hope you are feeling better today than you were before.

Happy RD, PAD!

This sounds like a busy but fun-filled Friday for you, Brilliant.  Enjoy!

Hope you feel better, sapf!

Behave yourself, HsM, and do your PT.  Enjoy having the brain on hold this weekend, it's nice to have occasional no-brainer days.

Glad your miles went well, Zelanie, good luck with the ones tonite!  Sorry about your park restrooms being closed.  What the heck do you do in a case like that on a run if you need 'to go'? Well....depends.....

Just the one race this weekend for Fiesta, Ginny.  But next weekend I have three....two on Saturday and one on Sunday.  Viva Fiesta!

hog4life

Good morning! It's 1:43 pm, and I have the weekend off. I hope to get 6-8 miles between eaarands.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My co-worker got a photo of me and the Fiesta booths behind me when we were out enjoying the mini-fiesta at the university where I work...

Scottydog UTSA Fiesta photo Scotty UTSA Fiesta_zps2awmcnal.jpg

sapf - hope you did't e-catch your cold from me. 

Probably should have run a few this morning, but opted for the extra sleep. Sound worse than I feel and heading to bed real soon. Race time is 6:45 so need to be out of the house by 5:30'ish. Trying not to be nervous -- it's just another long run with lots of people around.

'Night!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Zelanie

Good luck, Kathleen!

Have fun, PAD!