Beginners and Beyond

Saturday the 24th (Read 30 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 2:45 on the trainer.  Black Friday graced us with a new TV, so I put our old one in the bike garage.  I'm undecided about it so far.  Music was working well for me.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I am hungover, bloated, and just a hot, unmitigated mess.

If my stomach could talk, it would be like, WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON UP THERE??

Oof.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to run because I can't let everything I've poured down my pie-hole the past two days stick to my already bulging belly.

LRB

I did 2:45 on the trainer.  Black Friday graced us with a new TV, so I put our old one in the bike garage.  I'm undecided about it so far.  Music was working well for me.

Although I've done without one or the other at one point or another over the years, generally speaking, I need music and a TV when I'm doing any sort of indoor exercising. The music has to be loud and the channel set to something that's spontaneous, like sports highlights or a kids cartoon. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  RD for me.  Heading to Cocoa Beach for the expo for tomorrow's HM.  I'll be running it with my GF, run/walking actually, dressed up and all.  Should be fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

We're having an ice storm here. It's supposed to turn to regular rain later, but ATM the roads are icy. I had intended to do a group run, but I don't want to drive on that or run in icy rain. I'll do 4 or 5 on the TM later.

delicate flower

'Morning!  I had a haircut at 8:30 this morning.  It was the only time my lady could fit me in after I had to reschedule an appointment, and she opened early for me.  That's why I've been going to her for 15 years.  And now, we head to Oski's house for Thanksgiving gorging #2.

I did 2:45 on the trainer. 

Nice job.  I did 60 minutes and that was enough for me.  I did have a darn good workout though.  8 x 3:00 hard/3:00 easy.  Wife had a workout to do later too and I may join her to get some extra pedaling in.

<3

Cyberic

19.45 miles on the mountain - 1388 ft elevation gain

sdWhiskers

4 miles with my kid biking next to me this morning. It started sprinkling during the last mile and he freaked out a bit. Poor San Diego kid doesn't ever really see rain.

Yesterday was a SRD in the middle of taper so of course I decide to play a sport I haven't done in 10-15 years that involves sprinting on a hard surface: tennis. Yikes. Was super fun but I stopped myself before feeling any shin splints. Calves and shins are quite sore today though. Oops.

For cooler weather at CIM, I was thinking about using arm sleeves so I bought 2 different pairs yesterday to try. Running store only had 1 kind so I headed to a cycling store for another option. Ran with the ones from the cycling store this morning (even though it was only ~65 deg). They felt nice and super warm. I'm not sure what to do with them when I don't need them though...they are thicker so rolling down around my wrists is quite bulky.

sdWhiskers

Although I've done without one or the other at one point or another over the years, generally speaking, I need music and a TV when I'm doing any sort of indoor exercising. The music has to be loud and the channel set to something that's spontaneous, like sports highlights or a kids cartoon. 

When I used to use a TM, I liked something interactive like Jeopardy. The gym used to kill me with only CNN and Fox news.

Docket_Rocket

I can do the TM for hours so long as I have something like Transformers, Kingsman or Atomic Blonde on and I even listen to music during it and use the closed caption.  Either of them alone is not enough.

I once ran while listening to the Hillary testimony and the latest Supreme Court hearings and those took my TM run to double digits fine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Any kind of entertainment will do in a pinch on a treadmill. But I think what has worked best for me in a frequently recurring treadmill scenario is binge-watching a TV series. It's sufficiently distracting, and you may actually look forward to the next workout. One winter in MI, I got through 5 or 6 seasons of The Sopranos, which I had never seen but always wanted to. During my recent layoff when I was stuck on the stationary bike, I started watching Madam President, which I had been kind of interested in checking out, and turns out is a pretty good show.

6 miles for me today.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

11. Was 3 houses away from home when the heavy rain started.

Docket_Rocket

11. Was 3 houses away from home when the heavy rain started.

How rude. It could’ve waited.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ended up running 4. It was arduous, my breathing was labored, and I felt like a fat pig. Oink 🐖

onemile

I ran 8