Beginners and Beyond

Go Speed Racer Go! DAILIES (Read 54 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Hip Redux

Good luck to April and MBC and all the other folks racing today!  Go get 'em!

Good luck to all the racers!

Push-ups and ab work are done. I'm considering when to do a short run today because I'm fasting until 7:49 tonight. A short bout with weights shouldn't be trouble.

hog4life

Good luck to MBC and April.

Rick, nice workout yesterday.

Good morning Oski and Basya.

Today is most likely a RD, but I might go for a short recovery run. I did my longest LR since May yesterday, 13.1 miles. The PF seems to be going away!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  14 miles of 22 done.  I slept only 3 hours so I'll do the rest tonight.

Hope April is doing great.  Good luck as well, MBC.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Hope April is doing great.  

Anyone stalking her?  Updates?

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! I am heading out for my LR shortly. I almost headed out earlier but I just can't seem to run on an empty stomach. I had a plain bagel with butter, a cup of coffee and a glass of water. I don't have a specific distance in mind. I will go by how I feel. Since coming back from my hip injury I keep my running schedule and distances flexible. If I feel any discomfort whatsoever in my hip I terminate the run.

Have a great Sunday! God bless!

LRB

Supp crew, I cannot remember the last time I have been so happy to sit down!

20 miles in 2:54:11 done, an 8:43 average.

74.3 miles for the week, my highest ever.

Stick a fork in me...

Supp crew, I cannot remember the last time I have been so happy to sit down!

20 miles in 2:54:11 done, an 8:43 average.

74.3 miles for the week, my highest ever.

Stick a fork in me...

Dude! You are going to be so ready.

MTA: you realize I am going to stalk you like a mofo on 10/20. No pressure.

Dave

LRB

MTA: you realize I am going to stalk you like a mofo on 10/20. No pressure.

That's funny!  Hopefully it's cold, like 2013 Martian Marathon cold.  I would love that.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

15 miles yesterday, half on the boardwalk, half on the trail.  The ocean and trails together, hard to beat that! Smile

9.5 miles today, just through the neighborhood, but still a good run.

Can't wait for some football tonight, go Giants!!! Big grin

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

That's funny!  Hopefully it's cold, like 2013 Martian Marathon cold.  I would love that.

Agreed. For a non-runner, that was one miserable crappy day. But that race felt so fast and effortless to me, I give credit to the cold & wind. The only downside was missing out on the post-race socializing -- once you were done running, there was no hanging out in that garbage.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Anyone stalking her?  Updates?

Sorry, I was napping and missed this.  No updates are coming but she called me and she is at

mile 16.  I will call her in an hour to see how she is doing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  Taking a URD today I think.  I ran some extra miles last week to help our 2013 in 2013 team, and even though it wasn't a huge bump, it was enough that I am feeling fatigued by the end of this week.  So I will call this a "cutback" and then bump up again next week I think.

Basya- Any chance you could time your run to be finished around 7:49?  Because that would be a great way to end the fast!

LRB- Nice run!

Sorry, I was napping and missed this.  No updates are coming but she called me and she is at

mile 16.  I will call her in an hour to see how she is doing.

WTF? If you talk to her again, tell her to stop talking on the phone, and RUN! Smile

Dave