Beginners and Beyond

SundaySuckDailies (Read 29 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It is 4:25 in the morning, I really wanted to get 15 miles in, hell I'd take 10 at this point.

But no amount of pain medication or numbing gel is helping my toothaches and migraines caused by it, entire left side of my jaw is hurting..... it's been like this for the past 2 or 3 days.

Up until yesterday I was finding relief from medications but not anymore. Tomorrow I'm calling my dentist, gonna see how quickly I can get this broken tooth removed.

I think I'm going back to bed, we are going to holiday world in a few hours so ..... yay.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ouch!  I only had that experience once, root canal for a tooth that had been crowned 20 years earlier....i have more crowns that Prince Charles

off today, going to the pool for a little backstroke in a couple minutes.

RunningOnSand

good morning, guys!

Ouch, FS, hope you're able to get some relief soon. That sounds miserable.

Onemile, good luck on your Tri relay! Sounds like a blast!!! Are RRP or URP part of your relay?

Baboon, hope you did well on your Tri yesterday! This wasn't the big one, was it? (Or was it? Methinks it's later this summer...)

Daffy, enjoy your swim! How are things going on the home front? Hopefully a bit less stressful...

I got up early'ish for me (kind of), and am now contemplating a run. Still feeling a bit queasy, but have been able to keep down food for over a day now. I plan on bringing a shitton of water and am going to run in the shade. But I obviously still haven't made it off the couch to my trail yet...blah.

Hope you guys have a great start to your day!

RunningOnSand

PS I totally jinxed myself about my butt pain. You know how I said it was mostly gone? Well, the sneaky mf'er is back and is bugging me again. Only this time the discomfort migrates to my butt, or hamstring, or hip flexor, or outside of my hip. Lame!!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

PS I totally jinxed myself about my butt pain. You know how I said it was mostly gone? Well, the sneaky mf'er is back and is bugging me again. Only this time the discomfort migrates to my butt, or hamstring, or hip flexor, or outside of my hip. Lame!!!

Ugh, I hate those kinds of pains too.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 10.

RoS, ouch.  Get that checked to make sure it's not something else.  You said you heard a pop, no?  That wouldn't be piriformis, from my experience.

Andrea, ouch.  Call him ASAP.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yes, I could've written this exact post (and I probably have!) several times with my current situation.

In my experience, the goal is to somehow get that knot of nerves in your ass cheek untied, which can be very frustrating because no one thing seems to fix it. For me, a combination of the leg swings from the Myrtl routine, deep squats, the pigeon pose from yoga and a steady diet of trigger point release in the glutes has been my go-to over the years, but even then the exact moment when it heals often goes completely unnoticed. You'll just be going about your business one day and then remember that you haven't felt that searing pain down the back of your leg. It's a trip.

sdWhiskers

14 miles, with 925 ft gain and that was all in the middle 6 miles. Took me 2:26 h. Oof. I need a nap. And a cheeseburger.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. DH made us cheeseburgers for lunch.

I went to the nearby state park to see how the Gunpowder River looked. Everything near me that flooded Thursday eventually flows to it. It was surprisingly calm and not high.

I'm not sure I'd trust this rope/hose swing. The river is not that deep under it, so if you let go at the wrong point, you're landing on rocks.

This is the path down to the river. I'm guessing it was covered by water on Thursday.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Freesoul, get that tooth taken care of ASAP.

ROS, I find core work helps the ass pain. The stretching and rolling doesn't help me at all.

6 miles.

36 for the week. Slowly working my way back.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I've started foam rolling again--nothing like a PITA to get me started with it. Big grin and I really need to work on my core! Thx for the reminder, HC.  I'll also try the other things you mentioned, LRB. I'd been religiously doing the Myrtle routine, and everything felt great. So great, that I stopped doing it.  And now look where that got me.  Back to religiously doing it!

I ran 15. It was humid and hot, and I drank water like a camel going into the desert, and also tried Maurten gels for the first time today. For anyone interested, I found them to be hardly sweet at all--which is far different than the other gels I'd been using. The consistency is also much thicker, almost like Jello (which, GAG--I cannot STAND jello), but when taken with water it goes down smooth and caused no stomach issues at all. I'll continue to try them, and next time I'll add in the drink. They recommend taking them more frequently (every 30 min) and that's what I did. I felt fine during my run, which I was thrilled with, given the puke fest I was ravaged by on Friday night, and the fact that I hadn't drank or eaten very much yesterday while recovering from said atrocities on Friday night.

Docket, I did not hear a pop, thankfully! That would really suck. It's just this ongoing, lingering ache that I've been dealing with since IMM.

I don't even eat meat, but a cheeseburger doesn't sound half bad. I also need a nap!

We are packing up to go to WI Dells, though, so I'll go forage for some food, and then we're off. Should be lots of fun!

RunningOnSand

6 miles.

36 for the week. Slowly working my way back.

Nice job, Dave. This makes me happy. 

Nice job, Dave. This makes me happy. 

You & me both. Guardedly so, for me.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I've started foam rolling again--nothing like a PITA to get me started with it. Big grin and I really need to work on my core! Thx for the reminder, HC.  I'll also try the other things you mentioned, LRB. I'd been religiously doing the Myrtle routine, and everything felt great. So great, that I stopped doing it.  And now look where that got me.  Back to religiously doing it!

I ran 15. It was humid and hot, and I drank water like a camel going into the desert, and also tried Maurten gels for the first time today. For anyone interested, I found them to be hardly sweet at all--which is far different than the other gels I'd been using. The consistency is also much thicker, almost like Jello (which, GAG--I cannot STAND jello), but when taken with water it goes down smooth and caused no stomach issues at all. I'll continue to try them, and next time I'll add in the drink. They recommend taking them more frequently (every 30 min) and that's what I did. I felt fine during my run, which I was thrilled with, given the puke fest I was ravaged by on Friday night, and the fact that I hadn't drank or eaten very much yesterday while recovering from said atrocities on Friday night.

Docket, I did not hear a pop, thankfully! That would really suck. It's just this ongoing, lingering ache that I've been dealing with since IMM.

I don't even eat meat, but a cheeseburger doesn't sound half bad. I also need a nap!

We are packing up to go to WI Dells, though, so I'll go forage for some food, and then we're off. Should be lots of fun!

Sorry. Someone said yesterday they heard a pop but maybe it was in the women’s forum. 🤦‍♀️

10 done and they weren’t awesome. My back is sore.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page