Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Hey. What's happening, people?

RD for me. I'll do push-ups and ab work before heading to work.

I'm annoyed. My RunKeeper and Health apps are syncing with the MyFitnessPal website, but not the MyFitnessPal app. WTH? The syncing just plain stopped late Tuesday last week.

LRB

Hi.

I am here and accounted for.

Coffee me please.

SRD but up early anyway for no good reason, & on my 3rd cup already.

Dave

Cyberic

Hello all,

Easy 5 for me today. We had a break from the cold yesterday, but it's back. Sigh.

Little Blue

Blergh.  I'm vertical, but that's all I can say.  Soaking my head in coffee.  The dog woke me up heaving at 11:30, I went back to sleep after 2:00.  Almost identical schedule to the night before.  Must. sleep. soon.

I'll run something something later.

delicate flower

Good morning, special flowers!  I managed to run my run outdoors yesterday, which sort of felt like an outside bonus day since I was expecting to have to treadmill it.  The roads started to ice up near the end of my run as the sun was setting, so I timed it well.  60 minutes, 7.45 miles, 8:11 pace on a hill route.  I swear the Saucony Ride 7's feel like I am running with wooden boxes strapped to my feet.

Today calls for a 50 minute hard effort progression run, which I will be doing on the treadmill.  I am looking forward to it...it is going to hurt.

<3

happylily

Morning!

I ran some easy miles with strides last night. More easy miles tonight. I'm saving my energy for a LR with a few MP miles next Sunday. This afternoon, I'm going back to the hospital. My doctor wants to look at the bruise. It started hurting a bit in the last couple of days. Maybe he has an antibiotic for it, or something... I also want to tell him that I want off the experimental drug I've been on for a while. We think it's the cause of my dizziness and the stomach problems I often get when I run. Hopefully, things will be better after. On a more positive note, I'm expecting a shipment from Lululemon, today or tomorrow. Thank God for little pleasures...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck getting answers and results, Lily!

I'll head to the Y later for some miles on the stationary bike and strength training. Then getting on the phone today to get the ball rolling again toward a knee scope. The sooner that happens, the sooner I can start rehabbing.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Had to make the decision to make this an unscheduled rest day Sad This head cold just isn't getting better quick enough, DH thinks my running and strength training are hurting my immune system, so I guess I'll take today as a rest day and stay home as well and just take it easy. Hopefully I'll start feeling close to 80% by this evening, I really don't want to take more than one day off, starting my new plan just last week and things were going so great..... now this stupid head cold.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I managed only 4 yesterday due to work.  I have Pilates and 8 with 4 at tempo tonight; hoping the allergy shot I am having today won't affect that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Still having beautiful weather in San Antonio, up to 68 degrees today.  A nice 3 to 4 miles on trails planned after work today.    Gotta enjoy the nice weather while I can.  We have a cold front moving in on Thursday and the temp will drop all the way down to - GASP! -  40 degrees with a High of ONLY 61, oh no!    Here is our 7-day forecast...doncha feel sorry for me? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Here is our 7-day forecast...doncha feel sorry for me? 

Well having to deal with your summer weather, you deserve some nice winter weather to run in.

This is proving to be a tough winter for marathon training.  Last year's bitterly cold winter was tough, but all the snow this year is even worse.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sweet Lily, I hope everything turns out okay for you!

Hope you can get synched again, Basya!

Happy rest day, Dave.

Sorry about the cold being back again, Cy.  When does winter 'officially' end for you?

Hope you feel better, Little Blue!  And get some sleep.

Good luck with the progression run, Baboon!   Special flowers, huh?  Don't call me Daisy.     Actually my favorite flower is sunflower - well, it's technically a weed, I guess, but I still like it.

Dang, Step, I sure hope things do get rolling for you so you can get back to 100 percent. You sure have had a time of it!  From now on, I wish only nice things to happen for you.

Hope your run goes well today, Damaris, with no allergy shot effects.  "Only 4"...that's about my LONG run distance, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Here is our 7-day forecast...doncha feel sorry for me? 

In a word? No. lol

I rather enjoy running in the 40's & 50's and am looking forward to the time when I can.

Morning, dailies:

Basya - the snow even got your apps, in addition to shutting down the T.  Stay safe and warm.

Rick - yes to coffee

DaveP - rest well

Cy - ugh

Little Blue - get some sleep!

Baboon - Saucony Rough Rides?  California has the "Pineapple Express" rain, maybe you guys have the "Chicken Wing Express" this year.

Lily - hope the dizziness subsides.  Yay for Lulu.

Step - good, at least you can still cross train

Free - measles of the respiratory system!  Feel better.

D - have a good tempo

Scotty - Ok ok, here's my forecast;  be jealous.  Thank God, Buddha, and Cthulhu for treadmills.

Housework today, MLR later at the Y.