Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: In dog years I am like 329 (Read 46 times)

LRB

Okay so it's more like 8.5, but 329 sounds much more accurate.

LRB

What up doe?

Mornin'.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread.

I only did weights yesterday. Time got away from me.

I awoke this morning, ready to go to the gym to do cardio. My time in the bathroom convinced me to do otherwise. Talking with SO (who's a MD) convinced me to go to the ER. He suspects that I have a nasty UTI and is worried about it progressing to my kidneys.

I hope to do a few miles tonight after my alignment.

Little Blue

Rick, just remember, 1 mile in people running is 7 miles in dog running.  Apply THAT to your log.

Basya, feel better.  That sounds nasty.

RD for me.  My pitiful fast 5 yesterday made some things hurt.  And we're looking at the whole week around 90 degrees, so working outside should be a treat.  Don't need any extra heat stroke.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Today was supposed to be a day off from work, but I've got too much to do to take the day off.  Lame.  Holy cow did I SLEEP last night!     I'll do a real easy 7-8 mile run after work.

I'm still not particularly thrilled about my race yesterday but I am moving on.  5K in nine days!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 with 4 at HMP.  Half a day at work and my allergy shot before my run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Morning!  I have 9 with 4 at HMP.

Already? Damn woman, you do not mess around!

delicate flower

<3

From the Internet.

Rest day/ESU. I have already had a Boston creme donut, next up is free bagels and lox spread at lab meeting at 11. Not sure what the rest of the day will hold, I need to map out this week in the lab after the craziness of last week. I may try to get home from work early to organize/photograph a bunch of stuff to sell on the internet, have to make a Costco run at some point but maybe that will be after dinner so as to avoid too much traffic. Lots of maybes!

Updated my log - 54.6 miles for All Star Week.

SRD.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I awoke this morning, ready to go to the gym to do cardio. My time in the bathroom convinced me to do otherwise. Talking with SO (who's a MD) convinced me to go to the ER. He suspects that I have a nasty UTI and is worried about it progressing to my kidneys.

Be very careful with that. I've ended up in the hospital because of a UTI. Also the go to antibiotics for them here seem to be fluoroquinolones like Cipro. One of their side effects is a possible increase in the risk of tendon rupture so running is counter indicated. The side effect can continue for weeks or even months.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Baboon, and the door is there standing like an idiot, LOL.

LRB, we'll see!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Rick, just remember, 1 mile in people running is 7 miles in dog running.  Apply THAT to your log.  

Wouldn't I love that! Actually right now I would take any type of mileage.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Be very careful with that. I've ended up in the hospital because of a UTI. Also the go to antibiotics for them here seem to be fluoroquinolones like Cipro. One of their side effects is a possible increase in the risk of tendon rupture so running is counter indicated. The side effect can continue for weeks or even months.

Basya, definitely get that taken care of. On top of the tendon issue, cipro intensifies the effect of caffeine.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have been ESU this morning. There is way too much food around the school at the end of the year. Not gonna pass up free cake.