Beginners and Beyond

Magic Monday Penguins!! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!!

TA-DA!!!!

Didja see it?

No?

Maybe something's wrong with my webcam ...

Wait, I don't have a webcam ...

Hmm ...

Morning, Penguins!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol, Hope!

morning!  Surgery T minus 1 day.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - good luck tomorrow.  I'm glad you were able to get the earlier date.

HM - did you enjoy your musical weekend?

AFM - snow flurries this morning have dusted the ground, but no accumulation is expected.  That's pretty much the story for the entire week - cold and white, but not seriously. I'm taking a SRD. My legs are tired.

Singer who runs a smidge

My musical weekend was totally awesome, but I did have to go to bed early last night.  I'm not as young as I used to be!!  Though I'm also not as old as I will be, so that's something.  Vocalosity was incredible!!  We had a great time, and the two coaching sessions were also really helpful.

D, how long will the recovery be, do you think?

Ginny, local schools were closed today.  I waited an hour or so to come in to work, and I think if they'd just gone with a delay, they'd've been fine.  But what do I know?

PADRunner

Morning, 20 yesterday so a rest day today.

Our little FatAss run lat month made the media.

https://www.ultrarunning.com/featured/fatass-fun-stars-above-ultra-loop/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Recovery before running or regular recovery?  They say I will be walking out of surgery and can work from home Wednesday, working at the office by next week, so I would say recovery is pretty quick.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

IIRC - Jim was able to walk a mile or two a week after the surgery.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

IIRC - Jim was able to walk a mile or two a week after the surgery.

Good to know.  Figures if I can go to work in one week, I can walk since walking is involved.  I'll take walking.

Damaris

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Good luck tomorrow, D!

Zelanie

Good luck, D!  Make them give you one of those robotic knees like they gave Phil!

I did my usual Monday trail run, only this time Mia came to a dead stop in front of me and I scraped my knee.  Didn't rip my tights, though!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One can only hope!

Ouch!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Ben does that too.  I'm never sure whether he intends to trip us or is just oblivious.  Right now, with snow on the ground, he'll stop and drop to chew snow clumps out of his feet, and for him nothing else exists.  Since he does it in the middle of the street, it can be a problem.