Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILES (Read 32 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I had a tough time getting to sleep last but eventually did, which of course means I overslept like a mother fucker! I managed to get myself together in time to run six frigid, cold ass miles though, in 8 degree temps, brr! (where'd that come from?!)

What's up?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't fall asleep until around 11 or so, my alarm went off at 4:05 and I argued with myself the whole 30 minutes getting ready, I had a headache and really wanted to go back to sleep. But I promised the dogs I would take them to the trails this morning, so we did. It was 30 degrees out, many flooded sections on the trails with bone chilling water which was "oh so much fun" trying to avoid.

All in all, we ran 6.2 miles out on the trails. This is probably the first Thursday run in like 3 weeks or so.......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I didn't fall asleep until around 11 or so, my alarm went off at 4:05 and I argued with myself the whole 30 minutes getting ready, I had a headache and really wanted to go back to sleep. But I promised the dogs I would take them to the trails this morning, so we did. It was 30 degrees out, many flooded sections on the trails with bone chilling water which was "oh so much fun" trying to avoid.

All in all, we ran 6.2 miles out on the trails. This is probably the first Thursday run in like 3 weeks or so.......

You're tough. Congrats on getting it done in not so easy conditions.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You're tough. Congrats on getting it done in not so easy conditions.

Smile the dogs are lucky I love them.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

delicate flower

'Morning.  I'm not sure I slept last night.  Seems that I went to bed last night and my morning alarm went off three seconds after my head hit the pillow.  Hmph.  So I staggered out of bed for my Thursday masters swim.  Only me and DW showed up for the "group" workout.  She swam 2700 yards in slightly less time than it took me to swim 2300.  Hmph.

Legit medals for those who like running bling

https://ilovetorun.org/gold-challenge-store-c-75.html

1000 miles/year, 100 consecutive days of running, etc.

$45 for a medal, and you don't even have to race! What a deal!

I like my bling but I like having it handed to me after finishing a race.  I'm not a big fan of this recent trend of buying medals for virtual races/challenges.  Fine if someone else like it but it's not for me.  #killjoy

<3

LRB

I like my bling but I like having it handed to me after finishing a race.  I'm not a big fan of this recent trend of buying medals for virtual races/challenges.  Fine if someone else like it but it's not for me.  #killjoy

The color scheme on those shirts is cool. I also like that they look sleek.

With the name, ilovetorun though, they are probably targeting new-ish runners. Because if they were targeting runners like us, it would be called, running is stupid. lol

5 slow, recoveryish.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

Just noticed my watch didn't sync yesterday or today, I'll have to take a look at that when I get home.  7.5 yesterday, 10 today.  Mon was a SRD, Tues a URD, but the extra rest felt good.

Happy Friday Eve! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I just noticed there is a spelling error in the thread title. Great. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 after-daylight miles.  It's going to be 50F and sunny here today, and I like that.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

RD for me but I will try to get in some core work at the gym.  Yesterday I got 9 miles done on the TM and tomorrow I have a tough 8 mile tempo run. That TM and I are becoming pretty close.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I just noticed there is a spelling error in the thread title. Great. 

I have to admit I hardly pay attention to the title of the dailies anymore, but since you mentioned it I decided to take a look. Haha!!!

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 10 on the TM this morning and then attended court by phone. Now trying to find a Mexican placeI have not tried near my house.  Pilates and more miles with hubby. It's 80F but non humid (56 dewpoint) so nice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I am pretty congested today. I'm not sure if I should run or not.

Docket_Rocket

I am pretty congested today. I'm not sure if I should run or not.

I vote no.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page