Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES January 1, 2016 (Read 45 times)

LRB

'Sup.

The significance of the date is that today is early bird pricing day for many events, but for the first time in three years I did not register for a fall marathon at midnight. Actually, I wasn't even awake at midnight!

I've trained for them stupid things the past four years and just think I need to pull back and do something different for a change. What that actually will be I honestly don't know; maybe a half, maybe a 10k, maybe a 5k in some far away land. We'll see...

Anyway, are you planning on registering for anything today? And more importantly; ARE YOU RACING TODAY??

Cyberic

Not racing, not registering, hell, I probably won't even be running! I'm not big on streaks, but if I do run, it will be to keep the holiday streak alive. But running in winter conditions has been working muscles in my feet I didn't know I had. It is really weird because it is not the first winter I run outside. Oh well, resting is a very important part of training.

Went to bed at 12:01 yesterday (ok, maybe 12:05 because I did go to the bathroom). As soon as 12:00 rang, we kissed, exchanged ultra quick and short wishes, and hurried to bed. It was torture to stay up that late. I could not have done it without my good friends, wine and beer!

bluerun

Super B****

Hahahahaha... I fell asleep before 11 PM and woke up at 1:41, so that was that!

Not PLANNING to register for anything, but I guess you never know... I am, however, "racing" in a couple of hours.  I don't think I even know how to do that anymore, and I'm kind of scared out of my mind, but here we go.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning!  Even by my own high standards, that was some SLEEP last night!  I needed that.  No race registrations for me.  Me and DW have nothing planned today.  I have a scheduled rest day but may end up jogging or pedaling.  We'll see.  Right now, it's coffee and a bagel.

Happy New Year, gang!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

'Sup.

The significance of the date is that today is early bird pricing day for many events, but for the first time in three years I did not register for a fall marathon at midnight. Actually, I wasn't even awake at midnight!

I've trained for them stupid things the past four years and just think I need to pull back and do something different for a change. What that actually will be I honestly don't know; maybe a half, maybe a 10k, maybe a 5k in some far away land. We'll see...

Anyway, are you planning on registering for anything today? And more importantly; ARE YOU RACING TODAY??

I just realized that I didn't either..... I didn't even think about it once.

I was up for the New Year, watching "Hombre" with Paul Newman and didn't even realize it was midnight until my mom text me "Happy new year!". I think we went to bed around 2 AM, no drinking involved.

No registering today, all my races for 2016 are already picked and paid for.

No racing today, but I do hope to get in a run at some point today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I ran 7. I have never registered for a race on Jan 1.  And don't plan to start now.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I was asleep by 1030pm last night so slept through early bird registration for Detroit. I'm not disappointed. I think I will be a cheerleader on the Canadian side.

I'm still considering Woodstock.

Supposed to be a rest day today but tradition dictates a New Year's day run. So maybe 3 miles. Slow of course. Because that's the only way to do it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

I was in bed before 10:00 last night. We didn't really do anything. Couple really well-fought CFB semifinal games last night. FFS.

I would only register on Jan 1st if the race was on Jan 2nd. I generally pay no attention to early-registration discounts; my cheapness is outweighed by my fear of commitment.

5k later.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I made it until about 9:30 last night.  We are old and boring and have accepted it.

I ran 9 easy right after daylight.  That puts me 0.6 miles behind the pace bunny already.

I hope everyone has a great 1st day!

Runner with a riding problem.

I'm still considering Woodstock.

Which distance? Have you run that before? I thought it seemed interesting, but never looked too seriously since I don't actually run trails.

Dave

delicate flower

5k later.

No pressure, but please, please, please don't let us down.

<3

No pressure, but please, please, please don't let us down.

McMillan prediction from my last marathon is 22:50, so that's what I'm shooting for.

Dave

LRB

McMillan prediction from my last marathon is 22:50, so that's what I'm shooting for.

lol

StepbyStep-SH

Welcome to 2016, friends!

I was in bed by 11 and didn't wake up until almost 7. That's a good night's sleep for me. No race registrations at midnight.

3.5 miles run and done while the baked oatmeal was in the oven.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Please don't embarrass us.

<3