Beginners and Beyond

Torrential Thursdailies (Read 38 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning! Kayaking may be a better option than running today. Guess it will be treadmill after work. We need the rain, just not all at once. Stay dry east coasters.

Happy national coffee day. How are you celebrating?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.7 miles with it a lovely 54 and dry.  I had to wear a shirt and gloves, and loved it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning, I'll be making me a pot of coffee here soon, right now I'm soaking in a nice hot bath.

It was a beautifully chilly 52 degrees, had a little chill in my bones afterwards Smile

Jetta and I ran 5.4 miles this morning, on the roads. I was just too lazy and tired to take both dogs to the trails... (sorry Rocky). That gives me 153.8 for September, unless DH wants to hit the track tonight.

Going on a field trip with my son and his school today, going to an apple orchard and a pumpkin patch.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

SRD # 4 I think (Monday, Tuesd.... yeah that makes 4).

I'm having my second cup of coffee right now. But every day is coffee day for me.

delicate flower

Happy national coffee day. How are you celebrating?

Also known to me as "Thursday."  Five shot Americano!

Hello, People!  Masters swim this morning, and a pretty good one and fun workout.  Tempo run after work.

<3

LRB

Yep, when I finally stepped out for my run, about 10 minutes later than usual mind you, it was pouring buckets, dark as the abyss, and windy and cold.

I ended up driving to work where the rain had begun to taper, so I probably could have run outside, but I had already checked out mentally, plus, it was still dark and windy so I hopped on the belt for 5, which is all I had time for.

:damn that was a long ass sentence lol:

Anyway, I had yoga ass for a bit but the run wasn't all that bad once I got into a groove.

on my way to badass

10 days to a HM and my half-assed training seems to be working.  I went out for 4 and did them relatively fast ( for me, I am a penguin after all).  The weather (low 50's, breezy) and an extra rest day yesterday( my heel hurt) may have played a role.. I guess I'll take it. Got a swim lesson soon and new shoes after lunch.

I'm going to have a fancy coffee with my lunch.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

10 days to a HM and my half-assed training seems to be working.  I went out for 4 and did them relatively fast ( for me, I am a runner after all).  

Let me help you with that. 

on my way to badass

Let me help you with that. 

LRB- you da bomb!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

That's the only time I can run outside, when it's pouring, and the weather is not 100F.

Morning!  I have 10 miles and Pilates tonight.  And a massage to see if the pain in the ass will go away.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I did a "workout" of sorts on the trainer today, because the thought of parking my ass on there and then pedaling aimlessly made me want to cry.  Ended up with 21 miles total; it might have been longer, except I had to quit to go to PT.

Is it too early to start an hourly weather watch for Sunday morning??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I did a "workout" of sorts on the trainer today, because the thought of parking my ass on there and then pedaling aimlessly made me want to cry.  Ended up with 21 miles total; it might have been longer, except I had to quit to go to PT.

Is it too early to start an hourly weather watch for Sunday morning??

If it's available, I'd be all about that shit. 👍

LRB

That's the only time I can run outside, when it's pouring, and the weather is not 100F.

Morning!  I have 10 miles and Pilates tonight.  And a massage to see if the pain in the ass will go away.

I haven't had a massage since June I think, my longest stretch since I started getting them in 2013.

bluerun

Super B****

If it's available, I'd be all about that shit. 👍

It is!  Cloudy, humid, windy, might rain.  The only good thing is the temperature!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Got home from my trip at about 11:00 last night, so the 4:45 wake-up call was a treat. Especially after barely sleeping the night before. And the night before that. I think I have literally gotten 1 average Baboon night's sleep over the last 3 nights total.

Anyway, track today for 3 x 1 mile. I ran them at about 10k pace, because I do everything onemile tells me. Actually didn't go too badly. Girls track team was out this morning, so you know I had to put on a show. 

I guess that was my last serious workout. More importantly, the 10 day forecast is in. Low 48, high 58, no rain. Perfect. 

Dave