Beginners and Beyond

I hope you losers don't mind but (Read 831 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I have spotted a spelling grammer cop, I hope she hasnt seen me. And there isnt a block user in here.
    DAMN

1. grammar
    2. run-on sentence
    3. hasn't
    4. started a sentence with "and"
    5. isn't

How's that?

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Flippy, I don't have a spellcheck with IE and I'm from Texas. I'll do the best I can.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

He wasn't talking about me, but he left the door wide open, so I couldn't resist. Wink

runfoolery

real authors have started sentences with prepositions since forever though. they also use less to refer to lesser quantities of discretely quantifiable amounts - that particular suggestion was made fairly recently, in the 18th century, very tentatively in fact, and so i'm annoyed people have tried to make it a rule. especially when there are examples of writers (including royalty) using less that way dating back to the 10th century.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I just wanted to put a disclaimer out there now. I'm trying to appear educated.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

real authors have started sentences with prepositions since forever though. they also use less to refer to lesser quantities of discretely quantifiable amounts - that particular suggestion was made fairly recently, in the 18th century, very tentatively in fact, and so i'm annoyed people have tried to make it a rule. especially when there are examples of writers (including royalty) using less that way dating back to the 10th century.

I see what you did there.

runmomto3boys

BTW - Hi runmomto3boys I take it you have 3 Boys or you just like to run to moms with three boys?

I do: three boys 5 and under!  Nice to meet ya! 

I'm unlocking my log; apparently, everyone is doing it. 

BCR, 

Things move fast.  I could never keep up which is why I mostly lurk.  By the time I'm ready to jump into a conversation, it is over. Cry

Thanks for the welcome.   I've used the log for most of the last year but had never ventured into the forums.  

You can call me Anna

Shakedown Street

Howdy.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Karen M

BCR, we're all in this together!  Smile

Sometimes I can keep up, sometimes not...life!

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

not lazy, just tired

Hi BCR, don't worry about keeping up. God knows I've never been able to. I just poke my head in and post randomly here and there. And yeah, I'm staying here. Don't miss that other place.

Not if it makes sense.

thanks-- now I feel at home. at that other place I would have been mad Smile

He wasn't talking about me, but he left the door wide open, so I couldn't resist. Wink

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Misty

Crap. The real runners have unlocked logs?? I'm fine with that except I'd actually have to LOG on RA. I may have to delete my Endomondo account although it means losing my international hunky cheerleader squad...I mean, it's not like anyone here will encourage me with a "misty, you have awesome km in your legs" comment. 

Misty

Bless your heart.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

You could do both, Misty. Really.

Misty

Yes, but I log on Endo, DailyMile and in an old school running journal. This would make FOUR logs, plus the miles I have to log onto the winter running game and Miles game. Too much logging!!

Misty

Bless your heart.