Beginners and Beyond

Wake up, already! It's SaturDAILIES! (Read 38 times)

StepbyStep-SH

It's almost 8 a.m. Eastern time - are all you East Coasters still sleeping?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I went out intending to run 10 miles, but called it quits at 6.75. Legs were just dead - I couldn't even average a 10:30 pace. Ugh.

Hopefully breakfast and coffee will get my brain and body moving better so DS and I can get through a day of 4-H activities and errands. Think we will do some baking later this afternoon - banana muffins, rice krispie treats (for church) and homemade pizza.

Good luck to today's racers!

Make it a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Hey Babe!

I was actually throwing a post together just then.   Those 50 mile round trip drives to my loop will slowly become a thing of the past as I now can run to the local school for speed work, which will also save me a ton of gas money.

I wonder how crowded it will be though as all the walkers will probably descend upon it en mass as well.  We shall see, up first though is some delicious coffee.

Good luck to MR. MBC and all the other racers!

Step, the problem with your run today is you were up too damn early. Try sleeping in next time. Something I wish I could do.

I will go out later this morning after breakfast & coffee has metabolized a bit more, for something longish as per my usual Saturday.  Maybe I should wait till Step can send me some of those banana muffins.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I slept in a little bit today. Finishing up breakfast and am heading out for 10 in a bit. It's a gorgeous spring day here. After that taper begins. Uh oh...

Best of luck to those racing, and hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not sleeping. Playing in FB. Dh got calked out to a fire investigation last night. He got home at 530 this am so he is sleeping. I need to go run. It is very pretty out.

Then an we shall see. Nothing big today.  lazy weekend I think.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

Morning all and good luck to everyone racing today!

Step -- Hope the legs recharge soon.

LRB -- I had no idea you were driving 50 miles to do speed work.   I'll stop complaining about the 15 minute drive I've been making to do my runs.

Dave -- Enjoy your long run.

Hobbit -- Sleeping in is good.

Marjorie -- Speaking of sleeping, hope you some soon and enjoy your lazy day.

One last RD for me today before my race tomorrow. I love to say I feel fresh and ready to go, but my legs still feel kind of achy and there is still just the smallest bit of soreness in my upper hamstring. Some of this is taper madness and nerves for sure. I'll probably feel fine tomorrow.  Weather for tomorrow is looking great -- low 50s and only a light breeze.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Pooh, tomorrow morning's run on the Indian-Celina Challenge trail course is going to be cold, Sad it was beautiful weather all week and now I'll have to have my two long sleeves on and possibly my much warmer gloves. Damn you mother nature, it's Spring so get the fuck out of here with Winter!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

My cutback week is turning into a super-cutback week instead.  I don't think I mind too much as I really do think I needed it.

By the time I got home yesterday, Zoe had broken out of her pen and peed on the floor.  So I needed to clean that up, get her her meds, get her outside again, and reinforce the pen (she must have climbed up and around one of the edges, over a couch, and down, without knocking anything off the end table).  By then, DH had come home and left with Mia on her walk, so Zoe was freaking out that she didn't get to go.  So I hung out here for a bit, and by then it was time to pick up DD.  And by the time we got back, it was dark and I was hungry.  You guys know how it goes.

On a regular week, I'd have sucked it up and gone out anyway.  But I'm resting this week, and one less easy run isn't going to kill me.  In fact, I noticed last night that my resting pulse is finally down again.  It's been elevated for so long I had started to think the higher number was normal.

But today, I need to get some miles in.  Somebody should be home with Zoe, which will help.  Plus she has a nice fluffy Costco bed that we just bought her.  So the plan is to run 6 in the afternoon sunshine.

happylily

So SO and I got up at 6 am for our drive to Ottawa, loaded the car with the guns for his competition, etc... We're driving for about 90 minutes and are already in Ontario when this snow storm hits us and suddenly there is zero visibility on the highway. We turned around and slowly made our way home, because the competition was cancelled. So I'm home now and considering doing my LR today, after a light lunch. I don't like our long winters, and I don't fare well in the cold, but I simply love winter storms. It's absolutely beautiful outside!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

We're driving for about 90 minutes and are already in Ontario when this snow storm hits us and suddenly there is zero visibility on the highway.

That is eerily close to me, please stay up there Mr. Storm!  And tell hubby LRB said sorry for the wasted trip, that sucks.

Blue, I did easy and long runs there as well.  So most weeks I drove out there twice, but there were quite a few where I went three times and a couple where I went four.

Not only was gas an issue but time.  My long run days took around three hours just to drive out there, run, then drive home.  I will not be missing that shit!

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! My 9 miler with the group this morning was great - my calf was a little tight last night so I was worried, but it didn't bother me at all. Had my first ever GU (salted caramel, pretty good) at 4.75. I know it's not really necessary for training runs but I want to start testing out fueling strategies for future race purposes. No stomach troubles and it made the second half of the run much easier after martinis and 6 hours of sleep last night (I really need to stop doing that the night before my long run!).

This time I used my smart brain and told my running buddies I needed to go a bit slower than their planned pace, so my legs should be less angry with me than they were last week. Still kept them in sight the whole time, overall pace was 9:52 with a few miles up above 10:00 and the last mile was my fastest (9:30 - had some poo monster fears around 8.3, everything was fine but I wanted to hit 9 ASAP!).

LRB

I wonder how crowded it will be though as all the walkers will probably descend upon it en mass as well.  We shall see....

Bawahahaha!  Man I felt like Wil Smith in I am Legend, there was not a soul to be found.  Shit, the only thing missing was a dog!  lol

As it is, it was a great workout!  The wind was strong as hell but four months of running those hills at Stoney sure as hell made today's speed work feel like a walk in the park as I routinely had to slow myself down, very weird.

Anyway, it was a pace ladder workout (my own version) and went like this:

2 x 1200 at tempo pace - 4:56, 4:52.  6:39 average pace.

2 x 1000 VO2 max intervals - 3:55, 3:54.  6:19 average pace.

2 x 600 at mile pace pace - 2:04, 2:08.  5:43 average pace.

Total mileage for today was 10, and I only have one more speed workout for my half next Sunday.  I will not be repeating when it is again so do not ask.  I am superstitious about talking about my races beforehand so respect that please.

delicate flower

1:38:25 half marathon this morning on a tough course.  I needed that!  I'll get an RR up in a bit.

<3

Ric-G

baboon - nice! congrats

9 miles this AM....haircuts on tap for all the guys in the house....maybe some basketball (playground and tv) later...have a great day all.

marathon pr - 3:16