Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailes chatter thread (Read 31 times)

delicate flower

I'll start it since nobody else wants to even though you are here and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

I ran five miles at the track before work.  Coach said to throw in a mile or two at tempo if my legs felt up to it, but my legs did not feel up to it.  I hope they wake the hell up before Saturday.  Of course the summer weather this morning could have had an impact on that.  Heh.

LOL the Yankees.

<3

I don't know who I am, but whoever it is ran 4 miles.

Dave

LRB

Rest day# 3.

At times I was in severe pain on Tuesday, then, felt almost nothing yesterday. So just taking an extra day off to be safe.

Yoga tonight then I'll run something short tomorrow.

sdWhiskers

LOL the Yankees is right! And yay for watching sports on the west coast, I was still in bed by 9pm.

My ankle pain seems to have mostly dissipated, I definitely dodged a bullet on this one. 5 miles this morning with half the hill workout I was supposed to do yesterday. 5 x 1 min at 5K effort up, up and up. GAP on strava seems off because I was definitely running uphill but it shows the GAP as slower than pace, wtf. Saw a deer bounding around in a parking lot at the industrial park that I run through.

Docket_Rocket

My other personality was in court so it wasn’t me either. I might run 3 or not.  We will see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

Good morning!

I took vacation days Mon & Tue and got lots of good R&R just hanging out with DH.  I walked 2 miles on Monday and 2.8 yesterday.

It's back to the real world today.  I brought clothes to work to walk on the TM during lunch if I have time.  I'm still getting caught up on work, and I took the time I didn't have to write a race report (just posted it), so we'll see if there's time for the gym.  Either way, no running today.

So the 5k I am thinking about doing in a couple weeks is the "Husky-Cougar Rivalry Run". You are supposed to go out in either your Husky (Univ of Washington) or Cougar (Washington State) gear, declare the side you are running for, and they have some point system for the top finishers to determine which one wins. Of course the only problem is I do not give a rat's ass about either team. So I'll see if I can run as an independent.

Dave

Cyberic

RD for me.

The dentist's office just called. The dentist did some research and he sees no problem with me racing a marathon in 10 days (or so), as long as I don't take the plane !!!

Docket_Rocket

RD for me.

The dentist's office just called. The dentist did some research and he sees no problem with me racing a marathon in 10 days (or so), as long as I don't take the plane !!!

Sweet!  Wait, you cannot fly?  I hope I don't get the same limitation on mine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Sweet!  Wait, you cannot fly?  I hope I don't get the same limitation on mine.

Flying would put pressure in/on my sinus and there is no solid physical barrier holding it in other than my healing gum.

Just hope your sinus membrane doesn't get exposed like mine did.

I'm very happy with the attention my dentist has for his patients. He told me he would look it up, as racing a marathon is not something he gets asked much, and I thought he'd forget or he'd tell me in my appointment in 9 days. But him calling me today is very nice. It was his secretary, actually, but very nice all the same.

LRB

RD for me.

Or suck through a straw?

Cyberic

Or suck through a straw?

No straw drinking, no blowing my nose hard, no holding my nose if I sneeze...

They just called back. So in my specific case, no intense physical activity for 7 days, and no airplane for 6 MONTHS

For me, I don't think jogging 6-8 miles is an intense physical activity, so I plan on resuming easy running on Saturday. Or should I wait after the weekend? Who needs this while in taper?

Docket_Rocket

6 months?  FFS.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

6 months?  FFS.

Crazy, right? I'm going to ask more in my appointment next week.

MTA: Oh, and she also said no scuba diving for 6 months. But I didn't freak out about that one

onemile

I ran 10. Tried to include as many hills as possible