Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are handling business (Read 44 times)

LRB

LRB

Or is it doing the business?

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Checking in halfway through my run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy week for working out last week.  Had a long 4th of July holiday weekend, off 5 days in a row -Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun-Monday, and  last week I ran 6 days in a row, Tu, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun; unusual for me as I normally run 3 days, take a day off, and then run 2 days.  This last Monday was a non-running day but I still got something in by doing my weight training circuit. Tuesday this week did a run at Fort Sam Houston after work, and yesterday did an early a.m. run on the university campus.  I must say, Texas summer weather has been cooperating, we have not even come close to getting to 100 degrees yet and it's already July, so nice!  I think all this rain we've had this year has helped keep our highs in the low 90s only, sweeet.

Today's plan is for a trail run somewhere.  It's hard to decide where to run in San Antonio because there are so many options here.  Tough to live with, huh? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

happylily

LOL... guys...

Morning! Some sort of medium LR for me tonight. That's all.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Busy week for working out last week.  Had a long 4th of July holiday weekend, off 5 days in a row -Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun-Monday, and  last week I ran 6 days in a row, Tu, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun; unusual for me as I normally run 3 days, take a day off, and then run 2 days.  This last Monday was a non-running day but I still got something in by doing my weight training circuit. Tuesday this week did a run at Fort Sam Houston after work, and yesterday did an early a.m. run on the university campus.  I must say, Texas summer weather has been cooperating, we have not even come close to getting to 100 degrees yet and it's already July, so nice!  I think all this rain we've had this year has helped keep our highs in the low 90s only, sweeet.

Today's plan is for a trail run somewhere.  It's hard to decide where to run in San Antonio because there are so many options here.  Tough to live with, huh? 

That's great, Scotty! How did you feel after running for 6 consecutive days?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hit the gym this morning for Biceps, Triceps and chest.

Then it was 5.3 miles at the river front.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning.  Sore face, sore stomach, and a headache.  At least I have my health.  I hit the gym early this morning for 60 minutes on the treadmill, and I actually had a good run.  8.4 miles at 7:08 avg pace.  Speaking of treadmill, today was the first time I used the 920 on the treadmill and it worked just fine, so I am officially retiring the 620.  Well, technically I am eBaying it.  Well, technically DW is eBaying it and keeping the money she makes.  Looks like used ones are going for about $200.  Not bad!

<3

LRB

Since it was pouring buckets outside, I hit the work gym this morning for 51 minutes on the treadmill.

delicate flower

7/9/2015 Run

Treadmill

Easy/Recovery 6.0 m 51:08 228:35:12

FFS, man.

Edit:  I see you edited that.  

<3

LRB

FFS, man.

Edit:  I see you edited that.  

lol - apparently 6 meters in 51 minutes is a snail's pace. 

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

10 on theTM done. Pilates later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

10 miles on the bike trail, which almost got cut way short. A mile in I was listening to a bird call, looking at a side trail instead of where I was going, and stubbed my toe on an uneven board on a bridge. I'm sure I looked like a cartoon character with arms flailing, but I did somehow manage to get my feet caught back up to the upper body that was threatening to crash down. My bad knee is stiff now, but didn't hurt during the rest of the run.

We'll see how it feels after 1.5 hours of martial arts tonight.

The best part of my run, though, besides not ending up with a face full of splinters, was seeing two sandhill cranes and a belted kingfisher — and only 1 other person in nearly 2 hours on the trail.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Greek yogurt + blueberries + granola = post-run yumminess.

#math101