Beginners and Beyond

TuesdayLIES - Can you say Avascular Necrosis of the 3rd metatarsal head? Say it to a runner, if they smack you, you said it right. (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I got a call from the Dr.s office about an hour after I got home from my MRI, which was a lot faster than I expected.  The results are in the title.  I am waiting on an appt with an ortho, which the nurse said would be asap.  I was also told several times "do not run".  I may work, but avoid high impact activities.

I consulted with Dr Google for the next hour, which didn't make me feel a lot better.  It's normally trauma induced, affects women more than men by a large margin, and is sometimes a side effect of foot surgery.  My acute symptoms came on much quicker, and improved much quicker than I would have expected from my reading.  I worked yesterday with no problem, and I just have a little discomfort instead of pain.

I dread and look forward to the talk with the ortho. I hope it's this week.  I have questions that Dr Google didn't answer.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

PlesantRidge, damn. Hope you can get into the ortho quick.

So much for plans. Walked into the garage this morning and one tire was much lower. Guess the nail or screw got knocked loose yesterday when the car was looked at. So waiting for a call, should be in the next half hour, that my new tires are in. So if no storms, maybe I can actually run after work. I blame the new building across from where I work for the crap in the tires.

delicate flower

Sorry about your foot narcolepsy, Ridge.  Hopefully the ortho will have some positive things to say.

'Morning, kids.  I kind of enjoyed my URD yesterday, but I was back at it this morning for my masters swim.  2600 yards done.  Pedal session after work, dialing back the effort a little during this taper week.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Ran 4 outside this morning and have Pilates and more tonight.

PR, oh boy. Hoping the doctor can explain that puzzle. Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Good morning!

I got a call from the Dr.s office about an hour after I got home from my MRI, which was a lot faster than I expected.  The results are in the title.  I am waiting on an appt with an ortho, which the nurse said would be asap.  I was also told several times "do not run".  I may work, but avoid high impact activities.

I consulted with Dr Google for the next hour, which didn't make me feel a lot better.  It's normally trauma induced, affects women more than men by a large margin, and is sometimes a side effect of foot surgery.  My acute symptoms came on much quicker, and improved much quicker than I would have expected from my reading.  I worked yesterday with no problem, and I just have a little discomfort instead of pain.

I dread and look forward to the talk with the ortho. I hope it's this week.  I have questions that Dr Google didn't answer.

Have a great day folks!

What the hell is going on with your feet Yo? Didn't you have something similar with the other foot awhile back?

onemile

PR I googled and it sounds awful and I'm really sorry. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds. 

LRB

I ran 7, and almost felt human.

There is a crap ton of quality on my schedule this week (including 8 x 100 strides today that I did not do) and I might just bypass it all and run easy instead. 

We'll see....

LRB

PR I googled and it sounds awful and I'm really sorry. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds. 

I googled some shit once, and ended up costing myself $1,500 unnecessarily!

onemile

I googled some shit once, and ended up costing myself $1,500 unnecessarily!

Googling is almost always a bad idea

onemile

I ran 7, and almost felt human.

There is a crap ton of quality on my schedule this week (including 8 x 100 strides today that I did not do) and I might just bypass it all and run easy instead. 

We'll see....

For some reason, I hate doing strides

LRB

Googling is almost always a bad idea

When I speak those words ^, I'm speaking from experience. lol

It wasn't so much to fix anything, it was what could have happened. The seed was planted and the more I thought about it the more I realized that death was imminent. #idiot 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn PR, that sucks  Hope the Ortho has some good news.

Well last night I realized just how much of an ass-whooping that whole removing carpet shit is, and what happens when you squat and lift with your legs to carry the heavy ass rolled carpet down the steps and even the carpet mats. Last night I began to feel like Sunday was Leg Day at the gym, and I am still feeling it. Hopefully I can take Dorian for an easy run later this afternoon, but this morning I was able to make it to the gym.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

When I speak those words ^, I'm speaking from experience. lol

It wasn't so much to fix anything, it was what could have happened. The seed was planted and the more I thought about it the more I realized that death was imminent. #idiot 

I assume every Google diagnosis is cancer.  Even for a sprained ankle.

<3

Googling is almost always a bad idea unavoidable

Doctors must freaking hate the Google.

PR - ugh. On the bright side, you'll have plenty of extra time to come up with clever and lengthy dailies titles, thereby reducing FS's stress level. Assume you don't completely vanish from here, which is what I do when I'm injured.

Early flight, rest day switched from yesterday.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Doctors must freaking hate the Google.

PR - ugh. On the bright side, you'll have plenty of extra time to come up with clever and lengthy dailies titles, thereby reducing FS's stress level. Assume you don't completely vanish from here, which is what I do when I'm injured.

Early flight, rest day switched from yesterday.

It would help.... lol, though I had to keep going back to the first word of the title to make damn sure it was the dailies....... I never thought of using sentences for a dailies title 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)