Beginners and Beyond

Friday: Work It (Read 33 times)

LRB

I ran 6.

Busy day on tap but I'm up for the challenge.

Cyberic

Run commute

delicate flower

Easy shakeout ride later. I have spent $350 so far at the Ironman expo and finisher's gear isn't even available yet. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

6 miles tonight.  It's my off Friday but we'll see if I don't have to work as with every other Friday where something explodes and no one else can handle it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Easy shakeout ride later. I have spent $350 so far at the Ironman expo and finisher's gear isn't even available yet. 

LOL. Sounds like you're doing it right! Enjoy and celebrate all of this awesomeness!!!

I've got a rest day today. Which equates to lots of dog walking.

So the other room the property manager with the AirBnB offered is like $250 extra. Oof. He's trying to see if the other owners are willing to come down in price.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

LOL. Sounds like you're doing it right! Enjoy and celebrate all of this awesomeness!!!

+1

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 14 quick miles, then worked on my garage for a couple of hours before regular work.  We are busy at work, and I have several more hours of garage building, wiring, insulating etc.  It's stolen my gumption to get ready for a race in 3 weeks,  and I'm not sure how that will work out.  However it goes,, it's all good.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

sdWhiskers

Rest day here too.

Found out when I dropped my kid off at the before school program that there's been a case of head lice in the class. Oh boy.

RunningOnSand

Rest day here too.

Found out when I dropped my kid off at the before school program that there's been a case of head lice in the class. Oh boy.

Ugh, so sorry. I always cringe when we get a letter from the school saying there's lice in the classroom. Nasty little buggers.

Runshortii

I ran 5

Cyberic

Rest day here too.

One year, my daughter got lice 3 times in the same school year. My son only got them twice as I shaved his head the second time as soon as we saw one. The woman got them too that first time. Only I got away with it. We'd spend all our evenings going through each other's hair.

I didn't mind catching them, as I would have shaved my head right there, so I was helping out with the combing and the shampoos and whatnot.

sdWhiskers

One year, my daughter got lice 3 times in the same school year. My son only got them twice as I shaved his head the second time as soon as we saw one. The woman got them too that first time. Only I got away with it. We'd spend all our evenings going through each other's hair.

And that is my nightmare! Ick!

Cyberic

And that is my nightmare! Ick!

It was for her, too. She has long thick curly hair. You go to work, and you kind of have to tell people to stay away from you. Pretty embarrassing, on top of being a pain to get rid of.

KCRuns

Good Luck this weekend, Baboon!

Thanks for nothing, those of you talking about lice.  I'm going to itch all day for no good reason.  (but I'm sorry you have to deal with that, Whiskers, hopefully your angel didn't get it)

SRD for me.

That is impressive even by Baboon standards.

The only thing I've ever bought at a race expo is a pair of $1 throwaway gloves. Granted I have not done a ton of big races with expansive expos, but I'm not a big shopper in general.

Dave