Beginners and Beyond

Single people: Who moved on over? (Read 917 times)

tessasnewlife

I'm here. I couldn't even look through all that to find our thread. How was all your thanksgivings?

runfoolery

I'm not here. Wink

T-day was pretty painless, as these things go. No talk from the aunts/uncles about when are you getting married, any girlfriend, yadda yadda. Maybe it was because my brother had his kids around and so we were distracted by them. And there was another aunt/uncle who had some older kids. Having kids around to distract them is nice, gives us older singles a chance to not get bothered by the generation above us. Haha.....  Not a big fan of kids in general, but do like my brother's kids.

Runningwise had a good weekend. Interval workout, long run, rest day... Didn't seem to gain much weight from all the food, which is a nice plus

MTA - If you are reading this thread and you are new, this thread was designed for single people to chat. It was started in the holiday season, when family time can cause external and/or internal pressure to hurry up and find someone. Occasionally it would be a semi-personals / introduction thread, and that kind of thing is fine too. Sometimes we talk about specific singles topics, sometimes it's just chatter. Once in a while we even talk about running. Whatever happens, happens.

tessasnewlife

Yay for painless thanksgiving. I was the oldest at our thanksgiving so none of that happened. I avoided family completely. I had had enough with my nephew the beginning of the week. Who knew I would have to bribe a kid to be happy at Disneyland. I swear we aren't related. I have sucked at running. I drove over 500 miles- which is odd since I really didn't go anywhere. I got a few naps until Saturday afternoon when I got a lovely dose of food posioning. It killed me. I didnt leave the house once I got back until this morning. I plan on going for a run after I get off work (and see if I still have a job) and run an errand and walk the dogs.

runfoolery

How old is the nephew? My nephew and niece are still in the cute stage. I'm a little worried about what happens if they ever start asking me questions as they get older. I think i'll just tell them to ask mom and dad... Haha

Today was frustrating. I could have run in the afternoon, but was tired so took a nap. Then got hungry, had dinner, so couldn't run right after. Then I was just sitting around wasting time. Still no run. Now it's past 10 and for whatever reason I still didn't go for my run, and I'm like, where the hell did the time go?

Gah.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm here but my overall internet presence is decreasing. I still have a commitment to the RW BF Miles Games because I'm one of the team captains, so I'll be splitting my time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I'm here. Thanksgiving was uneventful. The way I spent it one would think that it was just another ordinary day.
              tessasnewlife

How old is the nephew? My nephew and niece are still in the cute stage. I'm a little worried about what happens if they ever start asking me questions as they get older. I think i'll just tell them to ask mom and dad... Haha

Today was frustrating. I could have run in the afternoon, but was tired so took a nap. Then got hungry, had dinner, so couldn't run right after. Then I was just sitting around wasting time. Still no run. Now it's past 10 and for whatever reason I still didn't go for my run, and I'm like, where the hell did the time go?

Gah.

He is 8 and such a spoiled brat. A lot of it has to do with how he was raised than when his dad died, he gets everything. he has no imagination and only wants to sit at home and watch tv. I ran this evening and loved looking at all the lights! Might have to change a few runs into night since no one has their lights on at 430am.

I think I posted on the singles thread once or twice when it started... I could never keep up with the chat threads on RWOL, haha. But the pace over here is a little less overwhelming so I hope you don't mind if I jump in and say hi.  :-)

Hi.

Auhugh!!

Ken WD

Hi everyone! 

I didn't have thanksgiving last weekend (Canada), but did have a friend's wedding on Saturday. That was fun. I had mentioned I had to write out a toast in the singles thread on RW. We figured we were going to lose out to all the family of the bride/groom that were going to give emotional toasts, so we went the opposite way.  I don't care how geeky this sounds, but it ended up being Game of Thrones themed. The other groomsman that I was doing the toast with was a bit worried that it would be awkward and flop, but we heard the bride quote Game of Thrones twice that day before we spoke so we figured it would be good. It turned out really well. 

tessasnewlife

Welcome Kait- it does get overwhelming sometimes. Just say hi- say whats going on in your life and start again from there.

Hey Ken- nice idea on toast. I'm not a fan on the overly emotional ones. My mom made me cry in mine- but for the rest they were pretty simple- but we were younger and our friends were still very much college kids. I'm pretty sure there were even things that weren't supposed to be said... I'm sure I should be mad at someone for that.

I'm trying again for the softball thing hoping it doesn't get rained out since I didn't get to go last time. I have decided that I am going to run at night for this month (as much as I can) because I really love looking at the lights and I have so many ways I can go to see different lights. I don't get why people don't have them on at 4:30am... gosh don't they understand I want to see them?? It really is a different ball game running at night vs morning. Morning feels like I I own my town, very few people out (mostly surfers heading out) very calm. Night is very active- lots of people walking around tons of cars- very alive. Not sure which I like more except its much easier to get my run in during the morning.

runfoolery

I never feel quite right early running in the morning unless I've been up for a couple hours. If I try to run soon after waking, my legs just feel dead, dead, dead.

Ken WD

I'm the same as James. It is hard for me to get my legs moving first thing in the morning. I normally run in the evenings and If I do a long run on the weekend, I usually like to be up for at least an hour or 2 first. (As an aside, does my running log show up to others now? I just did an import from run keeper. I really like the log features on this site.)

RabbitChaser

Hi everyone!

I moved over!  It's nice to be able to find the thread!

runfoolery

I'm the same as James. It is hard for me to get my legs moving first thing in the morning. I normally run in the evenings and If I do a long run on the weekend, I usually like to be up for at least an hour or 2 first. (As an aside, does my running log show up to others now? I just did an import from run keeper. I really like the log features on this site.)

Yup, I see it. You funny canadians and your kilometers....

Ken WD

Yup, I see it. You funny canadians and your kilometers....

Does it show up as kilometres for you? When I click on your log is shows as kilometres and I'm assuming you logged your runs in miles. I thought it just converted and showed up as whatever units that you use.

Edit: The totals on the first page show up as kilometres for me, but when I go to your actual runs it shows as miles.... but paces are still listed in min/km. Interesting