Beginners and Beyond

Single people: Who moved on over? (Read 917 times)

SusanRachel

All went well for me on Christmas - except for the tornado part.  Those didn't roll in until later in the afternoon here.  The closest one was about 20 miles away, so close enough that I had to keep an eye on the radar, but far enough that I didn't have to head for the bathroom.  I did run on Christmas, but only 2.5.  I was planning longer, but had started a new lifting routine the day before and was kinda sore.

Nicole, how is the new housemate working out?

George, sounds like a pleasant Christmas.  Any plans for New Years?

Eric, how is the shoulder coming along?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Susan, New Year's is a normal day for me. I'm scheduled to work both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The new and exciting news in my life is an Ireland vacation. I'm coordinating my Spring vacation with my DD and her DH to meet in Dublin for a week or so to tour Ireland, check out a few pubs, do some hiking, and even visit a tourist site or two. I'll have to get over my aversion to beer and sample some just to be polite. That will fit nicely with my training even if I get little to no running in. It will be after the indoor track season and before I begin serious preparations for the Fall North Coast 24.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

tessasnewlife

Its not going well. At all. A- I havent been paid anything. B. She was "suspended" from her job last week. And isn't working- or trying to find a job- but comes home with bags of stuff every time I see her. C. Left her back door open for over 24 hours- it rained. She acted like no big deal. D. The boxes are STILL in my kitchen.including covering my coffee pot!!!!!! She has hers in her room so no big deal for her. E- All of my plastic cups are missing. Which is a problem because I've sold all my glass cups. Her sister came over at one point and kept apologizing for starting this mess. She did some of my dishes once- there was maybe 3 things- she had a lot in her room. Oh and she sucks at dishes.

tessasnewlife

For the holiday I decided a few days before I didn't want to do anything. So I didn't. I cancelled all my plans told everyone I was done. I drank and read. I have been in a really bad place the last couple weeks. But it just got sooo bad I was tired of pretending to be happy for everyone else's benefit. So I didnt.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Its not going well. At all. A- I havent been paid anything. B. She was "suspended" from her job last week. And isn't working- or trying to find a job- but comes home with bags of stuff every time I see her. C. Left her back door open for over 24 hours- it rained. She acted like no big deal. D. The boxes are STILL in my kitchen.including covering my coffee pot!!!!!! She has hers in her room so no big deal for her. E- All of my plastic cups are missing. Which is a problem because I've sold all my glass cups. Her sister came over at one point and kept apologizing for starting this mess. She did some of my dishes once- there was maybe 3 things- she had a lot in her room. Oh and she sucks at dishes.

If the boxes are in the way, move them - into her room or into storage. It sounds more like you need to oust her and find another roommate, and insist on a deposit up front before allowing her to move in this time. You need to think more like a landlord than a friend.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

RabbitChaser

Hello all!

George - The PT is going well. Right now all I need to do is the pendulum swing every 2 hours. Remembering to do it that frequently is tough, but it is helping.

SR - The shoulder is coming along nicely. The pain is at a 2-3 and I haven't had to take a pain pill in 2 days. I can also finally sleep in a bed instead of the recliner. Range of motion is coming back and I can passively have my arm raised to almost shoulder height before feeling tightness. I'll start my active rehab on January 10th.

tessasnewlife

If the boxes are in the way, move them - into her room or into storage. It sounds more like you need to oust her and find another roommate, and insist on a deposit up front before allowing her to move in this time. You need to think more like a landlord than a friend.

Not even thinking like a friend- just don't want to deal with more issues than I already have. We are both out at the end of Feb- so its not long. I can't really move anyone in since its such a short time. I don't NEED the money- I was trying to help someone follow their dreams- which went poof once a boy entered the picture. I really can't take the fight about boxes. If she doesn't pay by the first I'm calling her sister.

SusanRachel

Nicole, if she isn't paying, she doesn't stay.  She is causing you a lot of stress which isn't worth it.  Do you really want to put up with this for two more months?  And MOVE THE BOXES.  Or better yet, tell her to move them into her room time: NOW.

Eric, great that your shoulder is healing well.

George, I am so jealous.  I have wanted to go to Ireland for a long time.   I've heard it is beautiful.

In the mean time, I have another four day weekend.  I could get used to these.  Smile  One of the good things about being in the military: we get the federal holidays and service members get an additional day with most of the federal holidays, so they turn into four day weekends.   And before anyone complains, when we are deployed, we work 365 days straight including every weekend and every holiday.  Mathematically, it works out to working 126 days more per year than people back home so we earn it.

SusanRachel

Countdown to the fiscal cliff, oops I mean New Years on the East coast.  How are y'all doing over there?  I'm not sure I'm going to make it until midnight.  I've got 1.5 hours to go.

Four miles and an exercise video today.  Feeling pretty good, but knees were a little creaky.  Sad  That's the first time in a long time that they've been creaky.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Countdown to the fiscal cliff, oops I mean New Years on the East coast.  How are y'all doing over there?  I'm not sure I'm going to make it until midnight.  I've got 1.5 hours to go.

Four miles and an exercise video today.  Feeling pretty good, but knees were a little creaky.  Sad  That's the first time in a long time that they've been creaky.

The House passed a measure before the year ended on the West Coast. Does that count?

Strange how I fell asleep in one year, woke up in another, but only 8 hours had passed. The only thing special about today is I get paid holiday wages, i.e. time and a half, at work. Hope to start the year off right with a nice easy run today before work. Treated myself to a new camera, a Canon A4000, to be sure I wouldn't have camera problems in Ireland like I had in Colonial Williamsburg.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

RabbitChaser

Happy New Year!

SusanRachel

The House passed a measure before the year ended on the West Coast. Does that count?

Strange how I fell asleep in one year, woke up in another, but only 8 hours had passed. The only thing special about today is I get paid holiday wages, i.e. time and a half, at work. Hope to start the year off right with a nice easy run today before work. Treated myself to a new camera, a Canon A4000, to be sure I wouldn't have camera problems in Ireland like I had in Colonial Williamsburg.

No, it doesn't count.  It has to be passed by both houses of congress and signed by the president to be a law.  At least that's the way it used to work.  I'm not getting excited until I read what each side compromised.

Yay for the new camera!

And Happy New Year everyone.  May this year be much better than last.

socutemd

SR - happy new year! Hope you are enjoying your long weekend!!

I worked the evening shift, so rang in the new year at work.  The only part I worried about was driving home at 2 AM.  The roads had more cars than usual at that hour, but I didn't notice any obviously drunk drivers and arrived home safely!

The man I've been seeing and I decided to make things official.  I really like him and my only gripe with our relationship so far is that we don't get as much time together as I'd like, but it's not for lack of trying.  I don't see that improving any time soon, as between now and mid-March, he's out of town for three weeks and I'm gone for two.

SusanRachel

The man I've been seeing and I decided to make things official.  I really like him and my only gripe with our relationship so far is that we don't get as much time together as I'd like, but it's not for lack of trying.  I don't see that improving any time soon, as between now and mid-March, he's out of town for three weeks and I'm gone for two.

Yay you!  Have y'all figured out what you are going to do when you graduate?

socutemd

my plan to leave when I graduate was somewhat foiled by my program making me a great offer for a 1 year non-ACGME fellowship That they would be creating for me. I am in the process of deciding whether to take it. He has mentioned, though, that he's not opposed to leaving the area. He has a very in-demand skill set from what I know, so finding a job would be easy for him.