Beginners and Beyond

Here they come...the resolutioners (Read 572 times)

@runjerseygirl

So let Ryan Secrest be your minister, and at 12:00pm on New Years Eve may you recite  this resolution:

Thou shall never drink again from a measuring cup, nor play with squirrels, post threads before 4:00am and dance with the ladies of the BF!

Signed,

Dick Clark

You might have a riot on your hands.  Just be prepared.

Do you even run?

Anomalous

It doesn't  bother me. I was once a "resolutioner" myself. Look where I am today Smile

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Anomalous

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Just Keep "Tri" ing

It doesn't  bother me. I was once a "resolutioner" myself. Look where I am today Smile

Me too. Mostly because my birthday is at Christmas and the year I turned 38 I was like, holy crap I'm

getting old and fat, I need to do something before I'm really fat!LOL So i started at New Year, 2000.

I could have gone down the road to obesity, ill health and adult onset diabetes that most of my family

are on.

13 year laters at age 51 , having never stopped running  except for a surgery one year ago, I am proud

to be a former "Resolutioner". I think I've done OK for myself.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

MrNamtor

DON'T TREAD ON ME

Me too. Mostly because my birthday is at Christmas and the year I turned 38 I was like, holy crap I'm

getting old and fat, I need to do something before I'm really fat!LOL So i started at New Year, 2000.

I could have gone down the road to obesity, ill health and adult onset diabetes that most of my family

are on.

13 year laters at age 51 , having never stopped running  except for a surgery one year ago, I am proud

to be a former "Resolutioner". I think I've done OK for myself.

Here here! I would say that you and others who have done this are "resolutionaries"

I don't belong to a gym, so it's all good with me. And Central Park is never crowded in January.

LRB

Dreamer

Here here! I would say that you and others who have done this are "resolutionaries"

Nice!

"Training is not always fun, but it should always be rewarding."

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Nice!

Ohhhh!! Mr.Namtor,  I like that!!!  Hubby joined me 4 years later, also lost 40lbs  and has since run Boston and

14 fulls so far.

We are running our full next in May.

Actually I have never joined a gym. I'm really bad ass. I  just run all winter in this........I need to get in my run after

I finish my shoveling duties for today.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

TxDiverMom

I started running in August of 2010 with C25k because I wanted a structured program to get me exercising 3 days a week. I didn't expect to like it so much.

Same here, April.  But glad I did!

Nightvisionrn

WOW Just B.S. !! That's a lot of snow!

I'm thankful that we only got under an inch of snow. I can't imagine running in that!

notimeforthat

I still will never understand why people begrudge others trying to better themselves.

I will also never understand why in the hell people care if they are called joggers.