Beginners and Beyond

Bumbling ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Hi.

I didn't realize my watch was on low battery until I put it on to go run. Suffice it to say today's 8 and 4 mile double, will be a 7 and 5 instead.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 most excellent miles.  I was feeling good, so I ran the last one at MP.  I like running Smile.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

I ran some miles. They gave me a much-needed confidence boost. 10 days!

From the Internet.

Hey Boon! I just poked my head into the race thread, you're doing a duathlon in Wrentham?? That's practically down the street from my house, I'm gonna have to come cheer and say hi! MBC doing it too?

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Hey Boon! I just poked my head into the race thread, you're doing a duathlon in Wrentham?? That's practically down the street from my house, I'm gonna have to come cheer and say hi! MBC doing it too?

My idea!!

and probably Oski too!

From the Internet.

My idea!!

and probably Oski too!

Yay!! I live 2 towns over, I'll totally come out to meet/see all of you! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Slept until now.  I have 5 and weights at some point.  Hoping soon before we end up with no power.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

So... racing a 5K or a 10K one or two weeks before a marathon would be a really stupid move, right??

chasing the impossible

Zelanie

So... racing a 5K or a 10K one or two weeks before a marathon would be a really stupid move, right??

Doesn't Pfitz put a 10K two weeks out?  The bigger issue is which race do you care most about doing well in, the marathon, or the 5/10K?  If it's the marathon, I wouldn't risk it, even to prove McMillan wrong right.

I ran 1 mile in my new Altras last night.  Love them so far.

LRB

I disagree with that supposition. Most people don't do it because they are doing MP runs each of the final two weeks, not because it's stupid.

bluerun

Super B****

Hmm.  I'd have to think about this... whether I'd want to do the 5K or 10K.  (Well, I WANT to do the 5K, but that's not my point.)  And ponder just how dumb a move it would or wouldn't be.  It will keep me from obsessing over the marathon!

chasing the impossible

No. The marathon is the stupid part.

I did a 5k two weeks before this marathon. As mentioned, Pfitz builds in an 8-10k at that time. In the grand scheme of things, it is one of the less stupid things we do.

5 miles.

Dave

LRB

Hmm.  I'd have to think about this... whether I'd want to do the 5K or 10K.  (Well, I WANT to do the 5K, but that's not my point.)  And ponder just how dumb a move it would or wouldn't be.  It will keep me from obsessing over the marathon!

What's that you say? Is there a time when you're not obsessing over something. Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

No. The marathon is the stupid part.

I did a 5k two weeks before this marathon. As mentioned, Pfitz builds in an 8-10k at that time. In the grand scheme of things, it is one of the less stupid things we do.

5 miles.

Yes, but Pfitz builds that into a 70 mpw plan.  I'm nowhere NEAR that.

Too bad the race the week before the marathon is $10 cheaper... that, I don't think I'd want to do.  (On the other hand, I might have a shot at a top three placement the week before that, so I'd recoup some (or all) of my registration fee.  And I probably have a better chance of that happening with the 5K.  AUGH!)

chasing the impossible