Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins like Happy Holidays and Happy Hours! (Read 193 times)

Bin Running

Good luck to both Mel and awood. Can wait to see how this goes. Srd for me today. Had a bit of stuffy nose today. Hope it's not a cold development. Must had caught something when DW and DS are not around to ensure I had my blanket on last night. Oh ya. Santa brought me an ipad today. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Zelanie- the plan is to race. If i dont feel like death. Should be interesting since A)I havent ran since Sunday, B)it's supposed to pour, and C) they just changed the course and arent posting a new map just describing the change and it sounds confusing. But being my first 10K I will PR as a default so whatever happens, happens!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Chatty bunch already.

Got out for 7.6 miles this morning.  It was coolish.  Had some frost build up on the outside of my gloves and hat.

Since it's happy hour, I'll have one of these please:

Gin and Tonic

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

From the Internet.

Morning colony!

GUSTAV. It's too bad you couldn't track down this guy and warn him about the dangers of Gangnam Style before it was too late! 

Crazy busy week. Oy. Glad it's almost over. My shin is feeling a bit better, I went for a shortish run yesterday (25 minutes, had only planned to do 20 but a good song came on so I had to keep going). Doing the entire thing except the last 3 minutes on a soft surface helped and I'm sure the 4 days off didn't hurt either. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out for similarly short runs every other day until I get to the sports medicine doctor next week, but we'll see. I can totally understand how people would just decide that running isn't for them or that it's bad for you and stop doing it - if I weren't so stubborn, addicted to the endorphins, and didn't have a running shoe collection I'd be tempted to quit.

Dad on the run.

Scotty - I think its just a head cold and I warned everyone to stay away from me. I don't have any more time to take off and really can't afford to miss work without pay.

So wife and I decided we are going to take DD to look at Christmas lights tomorrow evening then she is going to go stay at my wife's step sister's house while my wife and I go to a late night show of The Hobbit! Super excited!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

On my phone right now, but this is fun. I see some people taking sides, and having some fun with this. If I PR tomorrow, I'll owe part of that to Zel. Good luck tomorrow Zel! I was looking at my schedule for next week, and this race couldn't come at a better time. Next week I'm adding strides 2-3 times a week, and adding the long run back in. That will put me at about 48 miles per week. This should be fun.

Maybe run imagining me after you with The Whip.  That would help, no?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Lol...knowing that you'll catch me eventually anyway, I'd have to run directly to my car. I guess if the finish line were considered a safe zone, that could definitely work.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Zelanie- the plan is to race. If i dont feel like death. Should be interesting since A)I havent ran since Sunday, B)it's supposed to pour, and C) they just changed the course and arent posting a new map just describing the change and it sounds confusing. But being my first 10K I will PR as a default so whatever happens, happens!

Don't get lost  (Or too wet) Kristin.     !!!!!!   GOOD LUCK  !!!!!

I think I might be happy to have you catch me  Wink

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Singer who runs a smidge

The good thing about having a sales rep come by for lunch on Friday is that we don't really care what time we get back to the lab.  Yep, a 2-hour lunch break!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Friday !   Heading to health club to use the strength machines.  Running is DW dependent.

Well.. we decided to go out for breakfast and run when it warms up.  Probably didn't wait long enough.  4 miles for me at 9:40 and DW, DNF.  At least it was really nice out, and no chilly wind.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I want to be fairly fresh for the race tomorrow, but felt like I needed to stretch my legs a bit today.  Also, I wanted to keep my streak alive.  So, I went out for a quick 3+ mile run with a few strides.  Felt pretty good.

Streak:

21 day (Yay!!! Three Weeks!!!)

119 miles (We'll just call it 40 mpw)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

10 miles done, great run, nice and cold out. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Can't wait for the awood Zelanie showdown!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

10 miles done, great run, nice and cold out. Smile

The Mayans were right, the world is ending...Dave did more than 8 miles on a training run! Shocked   Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt