Beginners and Beyond

Early bird gets the Saturdailies (Read 38 times)

delicate flower

No early birds around here though....WHERE THE DAILIES AT?  9.5 hours of sleep last night, which I think is my sweet spot.

I have completed my exercise assignment for the day, which was a real easy 30 minute bike ride just to stay loose for my race tomorrow.  The rest of the day will be chores, errands, and some Connexican for dinner to celebrate OSKI'S BIRTHDAY!!

I now turn the dailies over to you fine people....

<3

Mr MattM

Heading out for a double digit run... then to ComiCon to meet some peeps.

be curious; not judgmental

Happy 29th birthday Oski! Give her best wishes and ask why she hardly ever posts here anymore. 

I did not sleep for shit last night. 5k in a couple hours. That about covers it.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Good luck DaveP!

I ran 11.5 foggy miles.  I'm headed to a long day at work now, and I just can't get enthused about that Smile.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning all! What a shock, it's raining again. Gotta suck for those going to Preakness today. Weights later, maybe a warm up on the treadmill.

Happy Birthday Oski!

Go DaveP!

onemile

Happy 29th birthday Oski! Give her best wishes and ask why she hardly ever posts here anymore. 

I did not sleep for shit last night. 5k in a couple hours. That about covers it.

Go run a sub-20 for me!

LRB

I have completed my exercise assignment for the day, which was 10 x 400 and it was a bear.

9.5 miles total now ESU.

Go run a sub-20 for me!

Ha ha. I hope not because that would mean a short course.

Dave

Cyberic

7 easy.

I did the math, and it turns out I had miscalculated the 18 weeks 'til marathon. It starts next Monday, and the first week of Hansons is all easy running (which I did this week due to miscalculation). I'll do it again, though, as my foot enjoys the easy running.

Cyberic

Go DaveP!

Happy Birthday O!

Cyberic

A guy I know is wondering if the guaranteed entry times for NYC are, like Boston, on the age you will have on the NYC marathon day, or is it rather on the date you run the qualifying race?

MTA: Found the info in a RW's article about 2015:

In addition, runners can use their age on the day of the 2015 marathon, not the age at which they ran a given time, in meeting the race's qualifying standard.

http://www.runnersworld.com/newswire/new-york-city-marathon-registration-opens-thursday

onemile

A guy I know is wondering if the guaranteed entry times for NYC are, like Boston, on the age you will have on the NYC marathon day, or is it rather on the date you run the qualifying race?

MTA: Found the info in a RW's article about 2015:

In addition, runners can use their age on the day of the 2015 marathon, not the age at which they ran a given time, in meeting the race's qualifying standard.

http://www.runnersworld.com/newswire/new-york-city-marathon-registration-opens-thursday

I was wondering that too, in which case I'd only need a 1:34 hm. But I would rather run the open qualifying time anyway.

No more marathons

Have a good race today Dave.

Not much feeling the love today.

It's been since the first week in 2009 that I've gone a full week without running, and six races in the past three weeks seems to have sucked the life out of me.  Might not take a full week off, but certainly a few days isn't going to hurt.

Now need to find a training plan that is going to have me peak for a 1500 on September 28th and a 10K on September 30th.

An eighteen week plan would start next week.  Maybe I need to find a nice 15 week plan and just relax for the next two or three weeks.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 10 miles tonight.

Happy Birthday, Oski!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

1st AG

Garmin had 3.06. Close enough.

MTA: that's a 31 sec PR.

Dave