Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 9 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Starting the thread today because I've got insomnia :-)

Two (or three, or four) more weeks to go. I can't wait to get this parasite out of me and not be pregnant. Not that I'm ready for a baby but I'm so tired of being pregnant/unable to run/etc. :-P

I'll probably take my dog for a long walk at the park today. I let her run off leash (despite there being leash laws in my town) because there aren't cars there and she's a friendly 15 lb shih tzu. I had her off leash in front of a cop and he didn't say a word to me - I think that's the power of looking like I'm going to pop. Also this way she can run around and burn off energy while I waddle around in true preggo penguin style ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

You can do this, Jill!

I have 5 after Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  Stayed home yesterday with a head cold.  Feeling better today -- I turn into such a baby when I have a sore throat!  I spent my day on the couch binge-watching Grey's Anatomy, then went to bed early.  I've got chorus stuff Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings, so I'm hoping to get this at least mostly kicked by then.  Woo-hoo!!

Jill, good luck with the last few weeks!!

Docket -- enjoy your 5!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Hi Jill!  Was just hoping for an update yesterday. Smile  That's the thing about being that pregnant, it makes having a baby seem like the easier choice.   Luckily Cypress was 3 weeks early so I didn't have to survive much in that state.

I've accepted the fact that I'm in rebuilding mode.  Over the weekend, I went with a run-walk timer to help me get more miles in.  We had a heat wave, so that was extra challenging.  I ran with the group last night, and felt better as I went, so that is promising.

Today my husband is off work so we can clean the garage and go to the dump.  So, instead we're just getting up and having breakfast now.   This means I'll probably run this evening.

I've been trying to decide which WW meeting I want to attend- they have a Tuesday PM and a Thursday PM.  Tuesday is running club track night, and Thursday is social run night.  I like the Thursday WW folks better, but I don't really feel like running track workouts, so I think I might go to Tuesday.  I haven't been to a Thursday social run in a couple of years, because I always had to work.

GinnyinPA

Jill - I hope your baby comes early. I was a month early, which pleased my mother no end. I was also #5, which helped.

Z - You could try one one week and the other the next week. How are you doing with the new WW program?  On MFP I've read a lot of criticism, but I gather it also works pretty well, for those who can stick with it.

HM - I hope you get over your cold quickly. Somehow summer colds feel worse than winter ones.

D - I hope your 5 went well.

We went down to MD on Sunday to see family, camped overnight at Greenbelt NP, then drove to the Shenandoahs for a couple of days. We wanted to stay longer, but Jim had an audiologist appt. tomorrow that we rushed home to take care of, only to find that it was postponed. Aargh. I really enjoyed our two very short days in the Park. Jim had a really hard time with our hike yesterday, but seemed to do okay today. We ran into a yearling bear yesterday who didn't know what to make of us. He stood in the trail, looking at Ben and me, not moving at all. I waited until Jim could get a look, then started shouting "Yo bear! Go away bear!" Jim joined the chorus and eventually, he ran off. Then Ben got excited and tried to go after it.  There were also several deer at the campground (Big Meadows) and a turkey on the trail. Fun times.