Beginners and Beyond

Bank accidently deposits 31k in teens account, then press charges on him for spending it (Read 84 times)

LRB

DANIELSVILLE, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia teen is under arrest and accused of spending about $25,000 that a bank accidentally deposited into his account.

The Madison County Sheriff's Department says 18-year-old Steven Fields of Hull in northeastern, Ga., turned himself in Friday.

He faces a charge of theft by taking. A home phone number for Fields could not be located, and it was not immediately clear whether he had an attorney.

The department says a teller at a bank in Hull inadvertently deposited a check for approximately $31,000 into the wrong account. Authorities say the money was spent on purchases at a car dealership, various stores and a fast-food restaurant.

Authorities say there was an effort to come to an agreement between Fields and the bank and that Fields said he couldn't repay the money.

(link)

happylily

Can we call an 18 year old a teen?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Technically yes

eight - teen

happylily

Technically yes

eight - teen

In English, maybe. Not in French: A dix-huit ans, on n'est plus adolescent. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

One of that bank's border directors will be fired for sure.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

In English, maybe. Not in French: A dix-huit ans, on n'est plus adolescent. 

My dicks hot?!?

Ill take that as a compliment, lady.  Wink

LRB

I see what you did there.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Hopefully not the dude who sent me that email about the money I have coming.

Who in their right mind wouldn't send a check for $300 worth of fees in order to become a millionaire? I'm one lucky sob.

Runner with a riding problem.