Beginners and Beyond

locomote's soggy CIM RR (Read 225 times)

camille2

Congrats on the big pr! And on hanging in there in tough conditions!

CeeDotA

Saw some pix of that race as well. A friend of mine ran it in 2:45. You folks are hardcore for braving that mess on Sunday.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

locomote

Thanks everyone for the congrats!  I truly enjoyed this race despite the conditions.

@ Just B S - in a local marathon I ran as a pacer for the 5:30 group a couple of years ago in similar weather with even more wind.  In that race I dressed almost exactly the same as this one minus the poncho.  Big difference.  Rain is not so bad.  WInd is not so bad.  Rain + wind...ugh!

So...bumping to add a few pics stolen from sport photo.  I almost never buy them.

Rocking the poncho.  Somewhere around the halfway point.

Hanging with the pacer.  Somewhere after mile 20.

Finished!  At least you can see the "4" on the clock.  Smile

And the bling.  Actually a very nice looking medal this year.

Better I Leave

Nice report and congratulations! Much respect for enduring the conditions. I'm ~30 miles SW of Folsom and was thinking about you guys as we were getting the crap kicked outta us up here in the foothills.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Congratulations on swimming your way to a new PR!

Just B.S.

Love the colored ponchco!!!LOL  I know a few others who ran this, they also said it was tough out there.

I'm Canadian and run in the cold all winter. I run in the rain all the time. However cold,  wet and underdressed

is a bad combination!

This is my finish line photo from that day. Notice the way the spectators are dressed. I stupidly thought the

weather was going to clear and left my extra stuff I would normally wear and throw away back in my van. It

was 52F and started pouring as the gun went off and didn't stop until long after the marathon had finished. I

was mentally kicking my own ass the rest of the race for being so stupid.

I ditched my lovely clear plastic poncho just a few hundred from the finish, handing it to a rather startled

spectator.

But these races make the best stories to retell dont they??LOL

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, must've been fun running in those conditions! Shy  And doesn't it figure it would start clearing when you are just about through.

Congrats on your marathon and way to kill your old PR!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt