Beginners and Beyond

Elite 8 Saturday Penguins (Read 30 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pengs.  Dog sitting DD puppy today.  At least I can take her for a walk.

Good luck racing today, Robert, Scott and any other racers.

Have a good one !!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Oops.  I ended up drinking last night.  Was not the plan.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Oops.  I ended up drinking last night.  Was not the plan.

Hope it was 3 Floyds.

on my way to badass

Morning Penguins! Jerry- Thanks for starting us off. Have fun with the pup. Track workout for me today. First time since Fall. The snow is finally receding.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 recovery miles tonight.

I didn't drink last night.  What's wrong with me?????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I needed a drink after my Cyclones were eliminated.

Dad on the run.

9.5 miles with the Birmingham Track Club. 10:20m/m. 101.22 miles for the month and I have another run planned for Monday. Not sure if we are doing 6 or 8 though and then its time for my 10k training, going to try and stick pretty close to what's on the plan.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Baby long run of 8.26 miles to round out another record mileage week for me Smile Gonna try for the same schedule next week. 30 mpw doesn't seem quite so far away now!

delicate flower

U-CONN!  U-CONN!  U-CONN!  Sorry, Penguins, but the title grabbed my attention.  Big grin  Nobody here in the ol' Nutmeg State expected UConn to make it to the Elite 8.  They're just playing with house money now.

<3

From the Internet.

double post - technical difficulties!

From the Internet.

U-CONN!  U-CONN!  U-CONN!  Sorry, Penguins, but the title grabbed my attention.  Big grin  Nobody here in the ol' Nutmeg State expected UConn to make it to the Elite 8.  They're just playing with house money now.

Posting from my phone is hard D: My DH is from the great state of CT, so we were excited to see UConn advance!

GinnyinPA

Jerry - enjoy your puppy day.  I hope you have better weather for that than we have.

Awood - I hope it was fun, even if the morning after isn't.

StoneFence - I've never done a track workout.  Are you doing it with a group or solo?

Damaris - enjoy your easy six tonight.

Jimmy - which 10k are you running?  Good luck with the training.

Lauren - good job on getting your mileage up to almost 30.  That's where I am right now, and you're right, it isn't that hard.

AFM:  Rest day here.  It's supposed to rain hard all weekend.  I'll put off my long run until it dries out.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Elite 8, indeed!!  What a night of basketball last night!  This has been an entertaining tournament so far.

As for running, it'll be on the hardwood for me tonight.   My d-league playoffs start tonight & I have a 6pm followed by a potential 8pm if we win. Could be a loooooong night!!   Gonna have to have that DVR rollin' for the NCAA stuff.

Wisconsin?

Arizona?

Tonight should be VERY good!  

Randy

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

1 hour walk on the track watching wifey run a zillion circles around me.  Knee till hurts to jog past the slow walkers.

Great job on those miles, Jimmy and Lauren.