Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: If You Don't Like It, Bite Me! (Read 66 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Kristin101...Feb. 10th doesn't give you a whole lot of time to get things ready for a training plan.  Hopefully you're nearly healthy now?  It is exciting to sit down and start to lay out the racing year though, and definitely a nice way to still feel involved in running even if you can't get out there like you'd like.  Good luck with the races and training.

Basya...Shower time sounds a lot more relaxing than weight training time!  I just asked because I don't think I'd have the discipline to hit the gym like you do unless I had someone to be accountable to.

April...Thanks!  Great work on your mileage too.  Keep it up for next month!  Nice run today too, that's a tough run with not much recovery between the 60 sec efforts.

Scott...Good stuff from you!  You've had some really nice consistency in Dec./Jan. too.  I think that's even more important than the big mileage peaks.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

What do you know about the Martian Marathon? It's April 13 in Dearborn. I am not signed up yet but am sort of targeting that if training goes as planned. Being right in the metro area is pretty convenient.

Actually, you can find me in any one of the three major counties on any given day, sometimes all in the same day!  I know a lot of people.

We have members here who have run the Martian, I have not.  I have heard that a good portion of the middle miles is run on a cambered surface, so that is something to look into.  Also I believe the last mile is uphill if that matters.

Once I am back to running full time, I will be running a couple 5k's a month and may come out for the Martian 5k depending on what else is available that weekend.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lol this is why I need more coffee....... or less. Yes my legs have their own asses, or maybe I should have said their thighs off???

It's okay, we all know you have a bit of a butt obsession.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Lol this is why I need more coffee....... or less. Yes my legs have their own asses, or maybe I should have said their thighs off???

Just remember the thighs the limit.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Pinktastic

Good Afternoon, All!!

After back-to-back-to-back-to-back calls all morning where no decisions were made and the entire length of each call was pointless, I decided I had to run at lunch for my own sanity (not that I'm claiming sanity to begin with.....).   I was so crabby from those calls that I just couldn't see any relief unless I ran.   So.....

4.53 in 43:39 (avg pace = 9.39).   Splits were:  1-10:14, 2-9:25, 3-9:18, 4-9:20, and .53-10:16.   And, except for a little too much wind occasionally, it was Pink-mazing outside today!!!

Congrats to all who had PBs this month!   That's awesome!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good lord, Big grin I do have a butt obsession among many other obsessions.

WCrunner2 that is really funny.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SIAR- I have every reason to be hopeful. I've had 3 full weeks off running, been dilligent with icing, stretching, foam rolling and strength exercises, been crosstraining on elliptical and spin bike with no pain, got an IT Band strap for when I do run, got fitted for new shoes that aren't worn out and better control the overpronation on the side of the injury, got advice on shortening my stride and quickening my cadence, going to start doing some short treadmill runs this weekend and comin week and see what happens. Week 1, starting Feb 10 only calls for a 2 mile run, a 2.5 mile run and a 3 mile run. So here's to hoping!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pink..Good stuff!  Those run off steam and clear your head runs are always great.  Looks like you've had a pretty super, or should I say pink, month too Smile

Docket_Rocket

It's nice to receive an email granting a motion that everybody at the office thought it was impossible to win.  Impossible and me have never liked each other.  So there.  I won.

My day has improved 1000 times.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

It's nice to receive an email granting a motion that everybody at the office thought it was impossible to win.  Impossible and me have never liked each other.  So there.  I won.

Yay you.  Rockstar.  What was the motion for?

Docket_Rocket

The famous transfer of the case.  The one that almost got me in trouble.  Her judge would NEVER grant this without a hearing.  Guess what? Big grin

Yay you.  Rockstar.  What was the motion for?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

I believe the professional response to this is neener-neener!

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Bad ass to the max!

Chairman

lol, wrong thread

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Docket_Rocket

Did you bring the ruler to this thread?

lol, wrong thread

Damaris

Fundraising Page