Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: If You Don't Like It, Bite Me! (Read 66 times)

LRB

I did not hit 200 miles this month because I spent the night with DH.  The 199.36 is going to irk me, though.

Just jog to the corner and back right quick.  You won't even break a sweat.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Garmins can be off by a little....I'd round up and call it a win Smile

OK, my avatar is back again.  All is well.

I did not hit 200 miles this month because I spent the night with DH.  The 199.36 is going to irk me, though.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

runmomto3boys

<----- UNDISCIPLINED.  Recovery run turned into a MP run, apparently.  8.3 done at 7:50 pace.  I should have done my tempo today because I wanted to run fast.  I am pretty much certain this will not bode well for tomorrow night's tempo, though.  :thumbs down:

Docket_Rocket

I am not going out there to finish 200 miles.  Nope.

Irk would be an understatement for me. You know there's 3 more hours in January and 0.64 miles would only take a few minutes ... I couldn't let that go.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

If it was my first 200 mile month, maybe.  But meh, I run that number a lot, so I'll live.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

<------ UNDISCIPLINED TOO! I did the exact same thing tonight ... only mine was just 5 miles and at 7:55 pace. I CANNOT run slow at the track. I kept looking at my Garmin & kept saying SLOW DOWN YOU FOOL.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

<------ UNDISCIPLINED TOO! I did the exact same thing tonight ... only mine was just 5 miles and at 7:55 pace. I CANNOT run slow at the track. I kept looking at my Garmin & kept saying SLOW DOWN YOU FOOL.

Oh yeah?  Well I keep turning all of my fast runs into slow runs.  I keep looking at my garmin and saying, speed up you lazy snail.

hog4life

Wow! No wonder I don't visit here often, or maybe I should, or maybe I need to, hmm.

Hi everyone Cool

B-Plus, great run, great pace. I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Ow, FreeSoul87, that sounds uncomfortable. 6.2, being pelted by snow the entire way?

Heidi, excellent impromptu tempo run. Take care of yourself. May tomorrow go well.

BruceD555, you, too? I must be weird. A track makes me slooooooow.

How are things, Mitch?

Ab work is done. Chocolate ice cream has been eaten. Good night, everyoneSmile

hog4life

Basya, doing great, thanks!

4.5 miles. Was planning on some MP miles tonight but life got in the way so this was a short easy one.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

B-Plus, great run, great pace. I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Ow, FreeSoul87, that sounds uncomfortable. 6.2, being pelted by snow the entire way?

Heidi, excellent impromptu tempo run. Take care of yourself. May tomorrow go well.

BruceD555, you, too? I must be weird. A track makes me slooooooow.

How are things, Mitch?

Ab work is done. Chocolate ice cream has been eaten. Good night, everyoneSmile

Eh, it could have been worse.... Joking

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

7.5 oh so necessary miles tonight with the little Titus dog.  I was going to write a long over sharing post about why it was such a milestone run for me...I was crafting it while I was running...but I'm too tired now.

Suffice it to say - it was so very good for my mental health, it put me over 100 miles for the month of January - a milestone I have not hit since last April before my leg went on the fritz, and it reminded me what running has done for me over the last three years and why I need to keep doing it.   It was like hitting the reset button.

There is a .5 mile stretch of down hill during the last 1.5 of the out and back I did, I opened it up and flew down the hill - I love that part of this route.  I know I had the biggest grin on my face during that section.  A couple times during the run I belted out parts of a song here and there...it was just one of those great runs.

Off to bed now.

'Night dailies.

You can call me Anna

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Today's almost over, but I thought I'd stop in and say "howdy".

Hope all are doing well. Finished my last day shift of the week, then went to the pool hall to shoot in league. Shot a pretty good match in 9-ball tonight.

Heading to bed now - I'm whupped!  Looking at a good run tomorrow!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

rkymtnanna, congratulations on making January a 100-mile month! I'm happy that you ended the month with so much fun.

Tom, it seems that you ended January on a fun note, tooSmile