Beginners and Beyond

For lack of a better word - TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Not bad 'eh?

LRB

'Sup.

Yesterday was terrible; I ate too much, I drank too much and now I must run...in sleet, rain and possibly snow or whatever the hell is falling out there. A fitting punishment wouldn't you say?

But that's my problem, what's yours?

Little Blue

I got nuthin'.  Clear and high of 73 today.  I'll run a little this morning at the park, then spend the afternoon beautifying someone's yard.  Not a bad gig. (Remind me that I  said that in August when it's 95 with 100% humidity!)

Cyberic

I'll run. It will be a workout. I need to shuffle my workouts around this week because of work schedule and am nt sure yet what I'll decide for today.

B-Plus

Heading out for a workout. I feel like it's been forever since I've done the early morning thang. 2 x 4 mile @ a bit faster than MP is the goal.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Still feel like shit, but Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  I get off work at noon, so yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sleet, rain and possibly snow or whatever the hell is falling out there

= 5 miles on the treadmill for me. Less than 12 hours after I told myself I should fold that thing up & put it away somewhere, since I wouldn't be needing it again till next winter.

Dave

Little Blue

= 5 miles on the treadmill for me. Less than 12 hours after I told myself I should fold that thing up & put it away somewhere, since I wouldn't be needing it again till next winter.

Do not tempt Mother Nature.

Half Crazy K 2.0

You dont get thunderstorms in Michigan?

LRB

= 5 miles on the treadmill for me.

Good call, I ended up running in a slushy, shitty, wet mess wearing the Balega socks of all days.

It was important for me to get out though and off the belt to gauge where I am recovery-wise so I toughed out 7 miles in that ankle deep crap.

It was a slow but nice run. I have another one coming up after work, hopefully my shoes will be dry by then.

You dont get thunderstorms in Michigan?

No, never.

I didn't claim to be making any sense.

Dave

delicate flower

You see, the problem with sleeping so damn much from Friday night through Monday morning was that all that sleep caught me to me last night in the form of a sleepless night.  Just some lingering effects from my cold though, so I suppose the rest was good.

Today calls for a double, and run #1 is complete.  45 minutes easy this morning.  60 minute tempo on deck for run #2.  This will most likely be an abbreviated work day so I can go home and get some shut eye.  My boss already told me to go home.

<3

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I've got 11 on the treadmill scheduled today. thinking they won't happen. It's supposed to be with 2x3miles at slightly faster than mp. My legs are saying NO.  we will see what happens. It may turn into what those dastardly brothers call SOS or Something Of substance. it's a cutback week thankfully

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

I've got 11 on the treadmill scheduled today. thinking they won't happen. It's supposed to be with 2x3miles at slightly faster than mp.

Wouldn't you move that a day or two since you raced Sunday? Or do the brothers know that you did?

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Wouldn't you move that a day or two since you raced Sunday? Or do the brothers know that you did?

Yesterday was an easy day. Tomorrow is a rest day and Thursday is tempo day. Followed by easy,  easy, long.  They didn't recommend racing at all. There should never be 2 days in a row of hard effort. There's always supposed to be an easy day in between. I'm over thinking this i know. eegad

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**