Beginners and Beyond

Who Messed with My Alarm TuesDAILIES? (Read 43 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Did you know that if you want an alarm to wake you up in the morning, it has to be set for AM? Really! Who knew?

And so, I will get my 8-mile fartlek run in after taking DS to school, immediately followed by group strength training class.

From the lack of dailies, I'm guessing I'm not the only one whose alarm didn't go off as planned this morning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 with the last 2 @ MP tonight.

Shari, who knew?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp!

At 43 degrees, today would have been a wonderful day to prance along my 7 mile route in shorts, a singlet and arm sleeves.  All the regular drivers must be wondering what happened to that "runner dude".  I know I am.  lol

Off to work, and I am taking a resistance band to sneak in some leg work during some of my nondescript assignments.  Wink

BruceD555

Mornin' folks. Sorry I've been AWOL from the dailies for quite a while, but life got busy and there was no way I could keep up with this crew. Hope all is well with everyone and that training & life are going smoothly. I have an undetermined number of recovery miles that I'll get in this evening and I'll end up wearing my HR monitor to help limit my pace.

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

Mucho por favore Tuesdayos!  Taper week will continue today with 6 miles after work.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the bad weather in the forecast for later this week clears up in time for Saturday.

<3

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Did you know that if you want an alarm to wake you up in the morning, it has to be set for AM? Really! Who knew?

And so, I will get my 8-mile fartlek run in after taking DS to school, immediately followed by group strength training class.

From the lack of dailies, I'm guessing I'm not the only one whose alarm didn't go off as planned this morning.

LOL MY alarm went off......I chose to ignore it Big grin

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Missed the last couple days.  Had a great 8 miler this morning, actually felt like fall, love it!

Added MLRs to my log, and changed all of my previous 10-14.9 milers to MLRs, new colors! Smile  Sure, it doesn't really matter, but it's fun playing with the graphs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

Dealing with my 2nd cold in 3 weeks so I'm dialing it back a little.  No running yesterday or today, I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Good morning Shari!  Yes, it's an unfortunate fact!

Damaris- Enjoy your MP!

Rick- Continued good wishes, hope you're back to 100% soon.

Bruce- Nice to see you, looks like you're living up to those goals in your sig!

Phil- Good luck with the forecast!  Hope taper is treating you well!

MBC- Big grin

Dave- I have to figure out how to do that, I've got a bunch of progression runs I just called 'marathon pace' because I didn't want to deal with figuring out how to make a new run type.

Have a good day everyone!

Dad on the run.

Step - Yes, setting your alarm for the right time of day is usually a good idea. I think we have all done it once or twice though Tongue

Docket - as in the penguins thread, enjoy your 7 tonight

LRB - it was 49 here and I agree, would have made for a fantastic run! I too slept in as late as possible though.

Bruce - Welcome back.

Baboon - you training for a HM of FM? I don't recall.

MtnBiker - That's just about every morning for me Tongue

Dtothe2nd - already responded to you in other thread Smile

AFM - 3.16 last night. Ran with my pregnant wife for 1.5 miles then she went home and I finished out my 3. Picked up my pace and ran a 7:41 on my last mile, fastest mile to date. The dogs seem to have enjoyed the run lastnight as well, felt so amazing. Have 4 planned for tonight, looking at maybe a 10m/m pace with the boys again.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Ahhhh taper mileage. I did 3 miles at Easy pace this morning. I was planning on cooler weather but a windy 55 degrees greeted me. So it was just short sleeves and shorts. I'm praying that this weather continues through the weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Zelanie

Lots of tapering going on!  Meanwhile I am gradually building. Smile  4-6 tonight.

LRB- Sorry you're still sidelined.  Hope you get some time with the exercise band today.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My legs are barely even sore now, this is awesome! Even after last night's 3 miler and 1 mile walk, I am feeling good. Today will consist of stretching, foam rolling and most likely some core strengthening exercises.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Gonna try & switch up my LR to Thursdays.  Last week Tuesday was when my LR about killed my right hip.  I think it may be partly because by Tuesday I'm 6 days in a row of running.  I do weights on Wednesday which helps change things up, gives the running part of me a rest and maybe that'll help me come back better for Thursday LR's instead.  Who knows.....we'll see.

Meaghan --- If you aren't already taking some Vitamin D3, give it a try.  Nothing's a miracle but I think it's helped me, despite the fact that it's only because my doc said I was low and realized it's the latest "vitamin de jour" in pop culture these days.  Nevertheless, I know D3 has great benefits listed if it really does work and one of those is "immune system".  Can't hurt, right?

Cheers to all........Let's get this Monday # 2, POS, worthless crap work day started, eh? Dead Joking

Randy

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.7 miles for me.

Marjorie