Beginners and Beyond

I Sustained A Sleeping Injury (Read 150 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, the only sleeping injury I ever got...

I was half asleep and my alarm went off and I was trying to reach for the damn clock and shut it off, and I accidentally smacked my headboard too hard....which knocked the cat off the top of it (we have a little shelf that runs up there the cat likes to sleep on)...and he fell right on top of my face.  Lemme tell ya..it's not fun waking up to a cat attached to your face!    I had multiple scratches on my forehead and cheek.  My wife - who was already up - was no help cuz she was laughing too hard watching all this going on.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

One time I dreamed I ate the biggest marshmallow in the world. I woke up and my pillow was gone.

I laughed out loud at that one!

Bravo my man!

Walk-Jogger

Gee, the only sleeping injury I ever got...

I was half asleep and my alarm went off and I was trying to reach for the damn clock and shut it off, and I accidentally smacked my headboard too hard....which knocked the cat off the top of it (we have a little shelf that runs up there the cat likes to sleep on)...and he fell right on top of my face.  Lemme tell ya..it's not fun waking up to a cat attached to your face!    I had multiple scratches on my forehead and cheek.  My wife - who was already up - was no help cuz she was laughing too hard watching all this going on.

That reminds me of the time our little black kittie who is a world-class scaredy-cat was sleeping on the foot of our bed, and I sneezed in the middle of the night. It scared her so bad she took off at a full sprint, right up my face with razor sharp claws in full extension...

Retired &  Loving It

Buelligan

But seriously, is it better today? Usually my sleeping injuries don't last more than a day or two.

Yeah, it actually stopped hurting that night.  Not sure what the problem was, but one ibuprofen and it was totally gone by the next day.

I've never had such a bad pain turn out to be nothing before.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

One time I dreamed I ate the biggest marshmallow in the world. I woke up and my pillow was gone.

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

But seriously, is it better today? Usually my sleeping injuries don't last more than a day or two.

Well, that's a better dream than Larry The Cable Guy's dream of drinking the biggest margarita ever...and then waking up in front of the toilet bowl.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's good that the pain's all gone. Good luck with making the next sleep injury a more exciting one!

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Mostly harmless

Well, that's a better dream than Larry The Cable Guy's dream of drinking the biggest margarita ever...and then waking up in front of the toilet bowl.....

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.  I can't decide who I hate more, Larry the Cable Guy or Jeff Dunham.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Buelligan

I can't decide who I hate more, Larry the Cable Guy or Jeff Dunham.

That Jeff Dunham gives me the creeps.  Can't stand his act.  Larry the Cable Guy doesn't bug me so much.