Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, LRB!

I decided not to get up and face really, really cold darkness this morning (wind chills into the negative numbers). I will probably try to get out sometime later. It won't be any warmer, but at least it won't be dark. But first I'm meeting friends for coffee and breakfast!

Have a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

'Morning!

This new Keurig machine at work is going to do just fine by me.

It's raining today.

5K Sunday.

weRd

<3

delicate flower

*VERY IMPORTANT CONFERENCE CALL* right now.

Aaaaaand nobody else has dialed in.  I feel like I may have missed something here....

<3

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

Is it cold where you are?   It was 41 when I arrived at work at 6 this morning, but it’s supposed to drop all day with a prediction of ice for this afternoon and tomorrow.    Yikes!

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!  What’s on your agenda for today (besides coffee)?

Shari – Coffee and breakfast sounds lovely!    Enjoy!    Have a great run later!

Phil – What kind of coffee did you make in the new coffee machine?   If there’s no one else on the call and it’s been 5 minutes, invoke the 5 minute rule and hang up.    ;-)   Have a Pinklightful day!

I had my first check-up with the cardiologist since my procedure at the end of October.   The echocardiogram was normal (hooray).    I’m wearing a 24 hour monitor until about 3:30 today to make sure that I’m not having intermittent episodes of a-fib.   I probably won’t know the results until next week, but I feel so much better so hopefully the results will be positive.

Unlike when I wore a different kind of monitor for 3 weeks and I could take it off every day to shower, I can’t take this one off so I had to skip my workout this morning since I couldn’t shower afterwards – I’m sure my co-workers appreciate  that.    If I get home in time tonight, I’ll run on the TM, but if we really get ice, I don’t foresee getting home early because people around here either drive 2 mph (yes, that’s two mph) or 60 mph and then wonder why they get stuck or end up on the side of the road.   It puts a whole new meaning in drive-time commute.   Oiy….

Have a Pinksational day!   And, may your next run leave you feeling joyous and full of hope for whatever lies ahead!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Zelanie

Sarah- Good luck at the cardiologist today!  Hope you get pinktastic news!

18 degrees here.  This is the Pacific NW, it's not supposed to do that!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Still at the asthma doctor grtting my bi annual

checkup.  No improvement, sigh.  we both agree is the climate here.  Either an SRD or a short run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy Texas weather.  Today our temperature starts dropping.  So I went this morning to do my run/walk at the university campus.  6:30 a.m, temp of 65 degrees, very humid, dewpoint of 70 degrees.  About halfway done, the temperature started to drop and the wind picked up too, to about 20 mph.   I did 3.2 quick and easy miles on the campus and by the time I was done, it was less humid and the temp had dropped to 59 degrees.. 6 degrees less.in a freakin' half-hour!   By the time I get off of work today - 4 pm - it is supposed to be light drizzle with a temp of 42.  Tomorrow's high will be only 39.  We'll be cold over the weekend and then on Mon-Tues, back into the 60s.   Crazy Texas weather.

Hope you enjoyed your friendship coffee-klatch, Step.  Good luck with the miles in your weather!

Happy rest day, Baboon.   And happy Keurig-ing.

Yeah, Sarah, we have that dropping temp thing too.  But since I'm in SOUTH Texas it won't be quite as bad as what y'all are getting up in North Texas, so that's a small blessing for me.  And you are absolutely right about the majority of Texas drivers in bad weather...you known when it rains, or there is ice, or sleet, or snow, the local traffic accident rate is going to go way up.   When bad weather hits down here, I usually try and stay on all the less-used roads just to avoid the idiot drivers.    Glad your monitor result were normal and good luck with the next monitoring.  No shower allowed?  Just have your DH/Significant Other give you a sponge bath instead..... Joking.

18 degrees in Oregon, Zelanie?  So much for 'global warming' for you!   Hope you have some cold-weather gear to run in!

Still at the asthma doctor grtting my bi annual..   Gritting?  Is it that bad that you have to grit your teeth to get through it?

Well, good luck with your gritty appointment, Damaris! Joking    Climate, huh?  So you decided where  you are going to move to, yet?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

I've got my one cold gear shirt.  I was looking at buying another, but those aren't cheap!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1. Did some walking too but didn't count that.

Hip is there. Not terrible but not where I want it either.

Back home. Was in doc for meetings these last few days.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

Good morning!   It's 25 degrees out right now and my furnace just went out.  We have a pot-belly stove, however, that does an amazing job of heating the house, so I just built a fire in that.  Chickens survived the night and are racing about the yard, no doubt trying to figure out why the ground is so hard and cold.    Brrrrrrrr!   Planning on a couple easy miles on the TM later -- should help keep me warm if nothing else.

LRB --  Green light is always good Smile

Step -- I don't blame you for not wanting to run in that!

Baboon -- Good luck on Sunday's 5K.

Pink -- Great news and so glad you are feeling better!

Zelanie -- I hear you on the weather -- it's supposed to start snowing here over the weekend.

Docket -- You need to get the heck out of Florida!  Then you can complain about the cold weather like the rest of us, lol.

Scotty -- Looks like the cold air-mass that moved into California yesterday is hitting you today.   Seems like it's gotten cold pretty much everywhere.

Marjorie -- Hope the hip gets to 100% soon.

Life is good.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. The current temp is 0 with an 18 mph wind. Yep, more TM. I did 5 miles this AM at an Easy pace.

- Andrew

delicate flower

Happy rest day, Baboon.   And happy Keurig-ing.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?

<3

Ric-G

lrb - you "go" first

step - good call...

baboon - funny about the conf call

pink - wishing you the best...from 2 to 60mph

zel - agree about the cold gear stuff

D - ugh

scotty - weather roller coaster there

marjorie - hope you improve further

blue - glad the chickens survived...that's cold

brrr - i would stick to the tm too

6 miles this AM. my son reminded me that a week ago was thanksgiving....feels like it was a month ago...have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

No major improvement with the breathing (in fact, breathing is now at 55% instead of 62%) but I think I just had a bad test today.  She is still shocked I ran 5 marathons in 34 days.  She kept asking HALF?  No, fulls!  With your asthma?  I'm impressed.

At least I impress someone.  Ha.

Anyway, yes, getting the heck out of Florida is the plan.  I am sure I'll have more good days outside of here.  Scotty, you've not been paying attention!  I am visiting where we are planning on moving this weekend and it's freezing over there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page