Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Good morning,

I ran 6 and my legs felt like sand bags. Two words for that; not fun.

Wha cha got up for today?

Docket_Rocket

I have Pilates and 6 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 nice miles.  The pace bunny better watch his ass.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Why hello there!  Boy, it doesn't take much to send the morning commute into complete chaos.  There was a broken crosswalk signal in town that kept going off every time the traffic light changed despite nobody pressing it, and it's a long signal because it crosses a double road.  Holy cow the traffic backup that was creating.

Aaaaanyway, 2300 yard swim done with the masters group.  My second swim in 12 hours and my shoulders were feeling the burn.  My legs felt good though.  It's rare that my legs do more of the work during a swim, but this was one of those times.  Bike ride tonight...hopefully outdoors if the rain lets up.

for shizzles.

<3

onemile

my legs felt like sand bags. Two words for that; not fun.

This has been like the last three weeks for me. 

Cyberic

Good morning onemile, and good morning to the others as well,

I will run some miles after work, in the 6-7 range. It's supposed to be pretty warm, 86 degrees. Gotta get used to that. It's only the beginning.

onemile

It's supposed to be pretty warm, 86 degrees. Gotta get used to that. It's only the beginning.

Summer has arrived.  83 here today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ran early this morning as the heat index and dewpoints around here are going crazy - already in the upper 90s in May and dewpoint in the upper 70s for pete's sake; and May is usually one of our cooler months before the heat of june starts.  I expect our summer this year in San Antonio is going to be extraordinarily brutal. The run/walk was nice.  Took it easy, did 3.1 miles in 35:02 and even threw a few small hills along the way, taking extra care on them to go nice and easy so as not to stress the still-recovering hamstring and piriformis.  All good, nice outing around the campus of University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Ran early this morning as the heat index and dewpoints around here are going crazy - already in the upper 90s in May and dewpoint in the upper 70s for pete's sake; and May is usually one of our cooler months before the heat of june starts.  I expect our summer this year in San Antonio is going to be extraordinarily brutal. The run/walk was nice.  Took it easy, did 3.1 miles in 35:02 and even threw a few small hills along the way, taking extra care on them to go nice and easy so as not to stress the still-recovering hamstring and piriformis.  All good, nice outing around the campus of University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).

That is why I hate running in the mornings.  80-90F feels like 100F at 7am does not feel any better than running in the afternoon.  Sucks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

7 miles, in accidental progression, unintentionally finishing around MP.

Dave

Mr MattM

3 super easy recovery miles at sunrise.  Plan to do 7 or so over lunch and a few more tonight.  We have a lot of unsettled air in the area so there's a chance of rain/thunderstorms every day this week.  I ran at lunch yesterday in a gentle rain, which was pleasant... until it turned into a torrential downpour.  I ran my last mile fast to get in before the lightning...

be curious; not judgmental

onemile

7 miles, in accidental progression, unintentionally finishing around MP+30 secs per mile

FYP

LRB

This has been like the last three weeks for me. 

Yes! Whatever happened to easy runs being easy, ffs.

onemile

Yes! Whatever happened to easy runs being easy, ffs.

I am skipping yoga today because I really don't need anything else to make running more difficult.

LRB

3 super easy recovery miles at sunrise.  Plan to do 7 or so over lunch and a few more tonight.  We have a lot of unsettled air in the area so there's a chance of rain/thunderstorms every day this week.  I ran at lunch yesterday in a gentle rain, which was pleasant... until it turned into a torrential downpour.  I ran my last mile fast to get in before the lightning...

We have the same forecast this week.

Lightning will turn any run into a fartlek with the quickness!