Beginners and Beyond

Back To Work Friday Penguins (at least for some of you...) (Read 21 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  We work today.  Pilates and 5 miles after work; heavy weights if I have time after that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I guess the 'holidays' are officially over now and lots of folks are going back to work today.

I am NOT one of them, thank goodness.  I have off until Monday.  Love working for a university!    Gail, however, does have to work today.

Non-running day for me.  Have to do a few errands today and then will be back home shortly.  Probably a good thing, I want to stay off the roads today as much as possible, it is rainy and miserable here and the majority of San Antonio drivers are probably the worst bad-weather drivers ever!  Weekend looking good though...by Saturday we are supposed to be back into the 60s!  Yay!

Nice Bowl games yesterday.  Congrats to Oregon...and I am SO glad that Alabama lost, YAY!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

on my way to badass

Morning Penguins! Enjoy the day off Scotty! Have a good day at work D. I am working this evening(small town library).

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Mornin' Penguins!   Yes, back to work today then the weekend off.  I'll put in a couple miles after work.

Have a rockin' day!!

obiebyke

Good morning! RD for me. I should work on my syllabi, but should is such a nasty little word.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Non-running day for me.  Also, non-work day.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

SRD from running but I did do a full core workout. If I can get dedicated to it I should do that on all rest days. We'll see...

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all.  I'm doing 6 miles in a bit.  I have no work today, but I do have a mandarin chinese lesson tonight and have to get my homework done for it :/

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Due to an achy shin and a lingering head cold, I'm going to break the streak.  DW Is in quandry since she wants to keep streaking, but doesn't like running alone.

PADRunner

Not for me except a little telecommuting.

5 more on the TM this morning, hoping to get back on the streets tomorrow.

Zelanie

Morning!  I ended up running with the running club last night for the first time in a while.  It was really nice to see everyone, and definitely nicer than cold solo loops of my neighborhood (since the path to the park has been flooded for a couple of weeks).  I ran a warmup ahead of time, so I ended up with 8 total.

Today I have 6-8 planned again for some time. Back to work on Monday for me, although I do work a Weight Watchers meeting this Sat.

D- Good luck at Pilates!

Scotty- Enjoy the day off!

SF- Thanks for keeping the library open. Smile  DD has been needing to work at our local library a few times over break.

Vance- Have a good run!

obie- Hope you get some work done on those syllabi!

Robert- Enjoy the day off!

Jack- Good job on the workout!

sapf- Hope that you enjoy your run, and good luck with your Chinese lesson!

Jerry- Feel better!

PAD- Nice job on the TM miles!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I guess the 'holidays' are officially over now and lots of folks are going back to work today.

I am NOT one of them, thank goodness.  I have off until Monday.  Love working for a university!    Gail, however, does have to work today.

Non-running day for me.  Have to do a few errands today and then will be back home shortly.  Probably a good thing, I want to stay off the roads today as much as possible, it is rainy and miserable here and the majority of San Antonio drivers are probably the worst bad-weather drivers ever!  Weekend looking good though...by Saturday we are supposed to be back into the 60s!  Yay!

Nice Bowl games yesterday.  Congrats to Oregon...and I am SO glad that Alabama lost, YAY!

No Traci today ???

GinnyinPA

Quick check in.  We're in Florida for the next few weeks, wandering. We attended a friend's wedding on the 30th at a Florida Trail campout in the Ocala NF - about 100 people gathered for several days around New Year's Eve to hike, bike, paddle, and eat huge amounts of food.  It was a fun group and we knew a few people before we came, besides the bride and groom.  We did short hikes every day and I got a couple of good runs in on the forest roads, but I didn't do any trail running since it's hunting season and the woods were very crowded.  It's different when you're hiking in a group and making lots of noise.  Weather is weird - 60 and foggy yesterday, 83 and sunny today.

Zelanie

Hi, Ginny!