Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Standard Time Penguins (Read 23 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good Morning, G.

Rest day for me, other than a 2 - 3 mile walk this afternoon.

I have my first HM this coming Saturday and for whatever reason, I'm not the least bit nervous about it (yet) Wink

Running for TJ because he can't.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Hello Penguins!

Morning Robert!

First day at work for me with the new time. Looks like tonight's intervals will be in the dark.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Robert - Good morning!  Keep those nerves at bay as long as possible.  Have fun buddy.

Gustav - Being from Indiana I'm still getting used to this daylight savings time thing.  I don't see where we're saving any daylight.  Anyway, enjoy your intervals.

AFM - We're probably going to walk the dog again tonight.  I think P3 and I decided to wait until we've had 24 hours without soreness.  I'm still deciding the best approach to my 2014 training goals.  I'm trying to decide between 2 different Daniels programs.  We'll see.  My legs feel alright.  My feet still need a couple of days.  I'm also looking at some cross training things too.  I'm looking forward to a new challenge.  I know there's a spring 10K that I HAVE TO WIN!  LOL  There's beer and pancakes riding on it.  The one thing I have started already is getting my diet right again.  Now that I'm not marathon training, I'm hoping I can handle a calorie deficit again.  I really want to get down to 200.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, its that time of the year again where every run is a night run, hurray!..... :/

Managed 4 miles lastnight, first 2 miles went great and was keeping under 9m/m then I started having ITB pain, I blame it on my crazy dogs and having to redirect their attention ever time we pass by a person, a dog, a cat, a newspaper, a.... well you get the point. Really its just the younger one - Carter. Brody does great running with me. So the last 2 mile was a walk and then sprint, since sprinting for whatever reason doesn't cause any pain. I did make sure to stretch and roll after the run.

Plan for 3 easy tonight without the boys.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Robert, it's only Tuesday. Haa. You will do well.

Gustav, enjoy the intervals in the dark. Should be tricky.

Awood, whatever you choose for 2014. We have your back. Good luck with losing more weight.

On leave till next week. So hurray! Have a baby shower and DS 3rd birthday to take care this sat. But DW is doing most of the planning and stuff. I just need to be there whenever she need me. Sound easy, right?

10M w/ 5x1200 @ 7:40 done. Was to do 4 rep but felt strong so throw in one more.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am back in Miami, already in Court.  This should be fun.

Not sure if I am even running today.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I ran 7 last night in the dark - I notice when I run in the dark I have a heavier foot fall. I'm not liking that.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I realized yesterday that next week is going to be a bear for me -- I have a quartet gig on Monday, a lecture after work on Tuesday, quartet practice on Wednesday, and chorus rehearsal on Thursday.  Yikes!!  But then I knew November and December were going to be crazy, so I shouldn't be surprised.  Nothing happening tonight, so I'm going to savor the downtime!

Robert -- good luck on your upcoming half!!

Gustav -- yeah, I drove home in the dark yesterday and it was weird.

Awood -- only you could talk about calorie deficits and beer and pancakes in the same breath!!

jblack -- hope your 3 is painless!!

Bin -- enjoy your break!!

Docket -- hope your day comes together!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning!  Tempo went well last night, in the dark and the rain.  I was a bit slow, but picked it up as I went.  Plus I figure that it does take at least some time to dodge cars and puddles and stuff in the dark.  Last day of work today before I leave for my conference tomorrow!

obiebyke

Ah, the darkness settles on the penguins. I am not into running in the dark. RD for me today. And it's going to snow, with accumulation!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

hog4life

Robert, you will do just fine, can't wait to hear about it!

I run in the dark a lot but don't like to. I'm always worried about stepping on a rock or something. Just GI is he'd 5 miles, now going to bed.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Robert: Good luck!

Awood: It's probably not in your DNA, but it might be nice to take a couple of weeks off. Maybe get in some light runs but nothing serious. After all your miles... I'm just saying.

Gus: Are we on the same plan? I also have some dark intervals.

JBJ: Run on your own (or with the older dog)!

Bin: Less than a month to go!

HsM: I think it's time for you to sign up for a 5k.

Zel: Where are you going this time?

Docket: Nice RR. Looks like you guys had fun.

Obie": Enjoy the rest.

Hog: What does "run the tangents" mean?

As for me, I have 8 miles tonight with 5x600@5K .  Have a good day, Pens.

Dad on the run.

Jack - I typically do, I just feel bad because we don't have much of a back yard so the dogs get kinda bored back there. I only take them running with me once a week, sometimes twice and usually on a slow short run. They both really enjoy it though and are standing in front of me begging evertime I put my shoes on, lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

Just GI is he'd 5 miles, now going to bed.

Hog, I think it's probably a good thing you're going to bed.  Just sayin' ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.