Beginners and Beyond

Early Spring Wednesdailies (Read 21 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Okay, not really, but after frigid temperatures over the weekend, a high of 45F feels like spring, and it's supposed to get up to 54F by Sunday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, this is not Winter weather for Indiana in December and January. We might hit 60F later this week!

I have 5 after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I just got back from a short track workout, to the tune of 3 x 5:00 hard/1:00 easy.  6:12 avg interval pace.  4.66 miles total at a 6:26 clip.  I was cranking.  According to my log, that is my second fastest training run ever (not counting virtual races).

<3

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Similar weather here. It's 1C today with a bit of sun. Tomorrow's supposed to go up in temperature but with it comes rain.

Just my usual 5 miles today along the river. It's been awhile since I ran there.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

sdWhiskers

3 miles. It rained overnight but wasn't raining this morning. And I didn't start until just after 8am, who am I?! This is what happens with 2 weeks off work.

sdWhiskers

Accurate summary of my week:

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I just got back from a short track workout, to the tune of 3 x 5:00 hard/1:00 easy.  6:12 avg interval pace.  4.66 miles total at a 6:26 clip.  I was cranking.  According to my log, that is my second fastest training run ever (not counting virtual races).

Nice!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Similar weather here. It's 1C today with a bit of sun. Tomorrow's supposed to go up in temperature but with it comes rain.

Just my usual 5 miles today along the river. It's been awhile since I ran there.

Ugh - same here.  To get warmth we also get rain.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Accurate summary of my week:

LOL

Docket_Rocket

I identify with that meme except it’s mini cupcakes at this point. Whoever brought them to the office, I hate you but I love you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Normally I order lunch from nearby restaurants here that have lunch specials. So someone wanted to go to Subway and a couple of us went and brought back to eat. $20, WTF? I mean, I might as well just go to a steakhouse nearby and eat better than Subway.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

You’re gonna crush it at...Dopey?

On the other hand…9 miles with 10 strides for me, my first attempt at any kind of speed since Chicago. It was one of those times I’m glad I don’t actually monitor my pace during strides, because it felt like I was just breathing harder but not actually going any faster. Oh well. There’s time.

MTA: should have charged my watch first—low battery warning about halfway through. Made it to the end, and through syncing; plugged it in and it showed 1%.

Dave

Normally I order lunch from nearby restaurants here that have lunch specials. So someone wanted to go to Subway and a couple of us went and brought back to eat. $20, WTF? I mean, I might as well just go to a steakhouse nearby and eat better than Subway.

Wow! Remember the $5 footlong?

Dave

sdWhiskers

Wow! Remember the $5 footlong?

Subway is barely worth $5

sdWhiskers

I identify with that meme except it’s mini cupcakes at this point. Whoever brought them to the office, I hate you but I love you.

Whoopie pies for me