Beginners and Beyond

Friyayyyyyy (Read 43 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Well, surprise: I'm still alive!  Aided by my knee troubles, an ugly wind, and my watch measuring the course at 13.37 miles vs. the 13.02 it measured in 2016 when I ran 1:40:47, I did not get my sub-1:40.  I ran 1:42:35, 275/4182 OA, 11/1089 F, and 3/249 AG (which I think is 20-34, for some reason).  I hope those results hold, because initially, I was second AG.

I am a little disappointed that I didn't make my goal, but given the circumstances, it was a stretch and I'm lucky I even managed this.  There's always next year?

See how the medal ribbon looks like it's lying weirdly?  It's not.  The wind is trying to blow it out of my hand.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Hey blue, sounds like a good race, given the weather conditions and your knee. Weird age grouping... Maybe because not many women run it?

Stupid snow here. I'll be heading out in a bit.

bluerun

Super B****

Hey blue, sounds like a good race, given the weather conditions and your knee. Weird age grouping... Maybe because not many women run it?

Stupid snow here. I'll be heading out in a bit.

Nope, it's the same for the men.  It used to be 20-39, which kind of made sense because it was the open category... IDK why it's 20-34 now.  And I've been dropped down to fourth place, except the first two women are the ones who finished 1-2 overall female, so shouldn't that exclude them from AG awards?!

chasing the impossible

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning, and happy damn Friday!

bluerun, there's nothing wrong with that time in a windstorm on a long course.

I ran 5.2 miles on a beautiful morning.  It was chilly at the start (25F), but there was no wind and I dressed just right.  It was clear enough I saw stars for the first time in several days.  The rain is back tonight for most of the weekend.  The forecast is for it to turn to snow showers Sunday night.  Accumulation varies according to which weather model they use.  I'm hoping for none.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

blue - In conditions like that go by placement, not time.  All your placements look awesome to me, especially the AG.  Great Job!  And you get to keep your kneecap.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an RD so Pilates and weights for me.

Congrats, bluerun!  Great time considering.  Also, thanks for the pics.  I like the one you posted in FB with you on the wall.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks, guys!  Strava tells me that it measured similarly for a lot of people... if I were less lazy, I'd go back to 2016 and see if it measured short for other people then too.  But ... lazy.

blue - In conditions like that go by placement, not time.  All your placements look awesome to me, especially the AG.  Great Job!  And you get to keep your kneecap.

I DON'T WANT MY KNEECAP!!   (Actually, I'm probably going to need it... turns out I'm running the NYC Half after all.)

Docket -- what wall was I on?!

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys!  Strava tells me that it measured similarly for a lot of people... if I were less lazy, I'd go back to 2016 and see if it measured short for other people then too.  But ... lazy.

I DON'T WANT MY KNEECAP!!   (Actually, I'm probably going to need it... turns out I'm running the NYC Half after all.)

Docket -- what wall was I on?!

Well, not on, but in front of?  Putting your face to it?  I thought it was the Western Wall, for some reason.  Anyway, I thought it was a very nice picture.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Well, not on, but in front of?  Putting your face to it?  I thought it was the Western Wall, for some reason.  Anyway, I thought it was a very nice picture.

Oh yeah, this one?  It is the Western Wall.  I feel like I take a picture like that every year and the only thing that changes is my hair color. 

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Oh yeah, this one?  It is the Western Wall.  I feel like I take a picture like that every year and the only thing that changes is my hair color. 

Lovely hair color too. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

After enduring three and half months of morning darkness during the week, I've spent the past 10 days running in weekday daylight bliss, as spring and all that it entails is upon us. That shit came to an abrupt end with today's run however, as I and all the kids who walk to school will plunge back into pitch black darkness next week thanks to man's incessant need to fuck with the natural order of things.

Evening runners on the other hand, will now magically have all the time in the world to get their run done before darkness. Nice.

Cyberic

Nice pic, blue. I like the hair color. The artistic part of kissing a wall is not something I get, but art is not my forte. It is different, though, and I like different.

Ran 11ish on slushy sidewalks. Gore-Tex shoes... bought those on sale, 50% off. Thought I'd give it a try. It kinda works, but not enough. I always end up with wet feet anyways, so I don't see the point.

LRB, yeah, about daylight savings time, or whatever it's called, I'm with you. At least it could be like it was a few years ago, when it was like 3 weeks later, and came back to normal time before in the fall. We're just starting to have decent daylight in the morning, ffs.

Nice pic, blue. I like the hair color. The artistic part of kissing a wall is not something I get, but art is not my forte. It is different, though, and I like different.

It's not a wall, it's The Wall.

4 miles. My HM tomorrow is going to suck. Weather should be good at least, although something like 35 at the start. So thinking about long sleeves & gloves, although I might regret it later in the race.

Dave

delicate flower

Blue, great job on your race!  That is excellent result, especially when factoring in the wind and the knee.  Top 1% female.  That is awesome.

<3

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Friday!  Traffic was a mess this morning.  What the hell.  Anyway, 4000 yard swim done before work.  2.3 miles.  That sounds long.  I am not breaking any speed records as my goal was to finish the workout without fading, but what I lack in speed I make up for in kindness.  Run later.

<3