Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies welcome you to July (Read 38 times)

delicate flower

Have you all decided to spend the entire month in bed?  Because wake up already.  Grab a coffee if you must.  And I must.

4  mile easy recovery jog done before the sunrise.  Lake swim tonight if the thunderstorms hold off.

Happy Friday!

<3

LRB

A little rain is about to turn into a lotta treadmill. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I crawled through 3.2 awkward miles.  I'm going to blame the extra slow pace on a rough week at work, because I really haven't run enough to justify it.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

An entire month in bed sounds like a fabulous idea!!

The plan was to run easy, which I did, and I don't run by HR -- I just wear the monitor because I like knowing these things after the fact.  The reason why I don't run by HR is because it's always shot up really high really fast (I mean, 160+ for an easy run, and I WAS running easy), and I would never get anywhere like that.  But suddenly, and I do mean suddenly, my HR on easy runs is actually appropriate.

I think this is an excuse to buy a new HRM.

5.15, finally tried out these shoes that have been sitting on my living room floor for weeks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Happy Canada day!

I'm not really the patriotic type, but I do like my country and I loooove a day off work.

I'm taking it super easy this morning, then I'll go out for a run that includes 7 miles at MP, and later on, since the kids are gone to their cousins' cabin, the woman and I will probably go out on a rather long (a few hours, many stops, not that many miles) bike ride.

Cyberic

Bluerun, that is a pretty colorful picture. At first glance, I thought it was DavePNW's feet. Cool about your HR.

On an easy run, if I'm not tired, my HR will usually be in the 120s, or low 130s, depending on the day's 'easy' pace. But my since my max HR is 170... I don't really get an edge over others from that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Exhausted even though I slept a bit more than my usual.  Not sure why.  I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bluerun, that is a pretty colorful picture. At first glance, I thought it was DavePNW's feet. Cool about your HR.

On an easy run, if I'm not tired, my HR will usually be in the 120s, or low 130s, depending on the day's 'easy' pace. But my since my max HR is 170... I don't really get an edge over others from that.

LOL.

Damaris

delicate flower

Not sure why.  

Because you are old.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Happy Canada day!

I've spent many a Canada Day vacationing there. Always had a great time. Then it felt strange 3 days later on the 4th not be celebrating anything.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

So I got a new car a few weeks ago (2016 Outback) and am getting a kick out of some of the radio features:

If you leave the radio (SiriusXM) on a channel that has bad language, the channel changes when you restart the car.  I left it on Backspin (old school rap) and the channel changed when I restarted the car.  I tried this a couple of times.  When I leave the channel on the 80's station, it doesn't change.  Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Also, when I am channel surfing and a song is near the beginning, the radio "rewinds" and plays the song from the start.  If I change that channel, but then quickly go back to it, the song picks up in real time, which could be a couple of minutes into the song.  NEAT.  I love the rewind function on the satellite radio.  Hear a good song and replay it until your ears bleed.

<3

LRB

A little rain is about to turn into a lotta treadmill. lol

I actually don't mind running in the rain if it's light or starts while I'm out there, but starting in a steady downpour had all the appeal of a shark fin sandwich.

As it was, the 6 mile run wasn't the worst in the world.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I actually don't mind running in the rain if it's light or starts while I'm out there, but starting in a steady downpour had all the appeal of a shark fin sandwich.

As it was, the 6 mile run wasn't the worst in the world.

Miamians call that a drizzle...

Damaris

Happy Canada day!

I'm not really the patriotic type, but I do like my country and I loooove a day off work.

I didn't know you were Canadian, I thought you were Québécois.

9 with 4 at 15k-HMP - 7:18, 7:18, 7:05, 7:02.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

That's not much more than a fast walk for me!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog